Altruist is a hyper-growth fintech company on a mission to make financial advice better and more accessible for everyone. Our team is building a revolutionary platform for financial advisors and their clients to remove the friction from investing and reduce the barrier to entry into wealth creation and management. Using Altruist, advisors can work more efficiently and reduce costs, enabling them to help more people, better.
If you’re passionate about your craft and are looking for big, meaningful problems to solve, then you’ll love what we’re up to. At Altruist, you’ll have the opportunity to do exciting work on products ranging from complex enterprise business software to a beautiful consumer app experience and user acquisition platform.
We’re looking for a Software Architect to join our growing engineering team! In this role, you will be responsible for high level architectural specifications and designing to prevent problems of system integration and compatibility. You should be comfortable with communicating complex technical concepts and leveraging technology to drive business value. You are someone who enjoys empowering engineering teams by mentoring individuals, promoting pragmatic engineering decision-making and leveraging your technical expertise to constantly raise the quality of design decisions and implementation by holding the team to a high standard. Leading and participating in critical technical design and product discussions with leaders across our various product, operations and engineering teams is an important aspect of the role. You will also help set broad direction and vision, influencing engineering and business strategy.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with engineering and product management to optimize the development team structure
- Help set architectural standards across the organization
- Partner with engineering management to formalize an internal open source model
- Partner with engineering and product management to evolve and formalize the definition of platform, including the set of services that constitute the platform
- Work closely with product teams on vendor evaluations
- Partner with the leadership team to formalize a build vs buy model
What you’ll need:
- 12+ years of experience in software development
- 5+ years of experience as a software architect
- Experience collaborating with product managers, analysts and other engineering and cross functional leaders
- Deep understanding of full stack technologies and ability to provide technical mentorship and guidance
- Deep understanding of the software development process and desire to find bottlenecks and propose improvements
- Expertise in building RESTful APIs
- Expertise in distributed computing concepts and EIP
- Experience building and running µServices
- Experience with Event Driven Architectures
What you’ll get:
At Altruist, you’ll work with a talented group of creators working relentlessly to disrupt an antiquated system primed for disruption. You’ll have the freedom to do your best work alongside down-to-earth professionals at the leading edge of their disciplines and the opportunity to make a real impact through your contributions. As an early team member at a young (fast-growing) company, you’ll have a significant influence on how we build our products.
Altruist believes the best work comes from a happy team who’s encouraged to continually grow and develop their expertise. We take pride in our culture, built on a foundation of mutual respect and transparency, and rooted in our three core values:
Kindness: The equal and kind treatment of all is of foremost importance to us, and we continually strive to bring diversity in thought and background to our team to strengthen our company.
Brilliance: Brilliance at Altruist means constantly striving to better your craft with a hunger for constant learning and growth.
Grit: Our team is driven, has a bias towards action, and an insatiable appetite for getting things done to bring us closer to realizing our mission.
Think you’ll be a good fit? Apply with a link to your portfolio. We look forward to meeting you.