Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a Fullstack Software Developer to join one of our development teams in Belfast to focus mostly on the Lightspeed Retail product group. You will work on lots of integration projects that will have a tremendous impact on the daily life of thousands of merchants all over the world.
At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. Come and help us build our communities!
.What you’ll be doing:
- Creating and extending functionality of our products by contributing to our microservice-based platform
- Developing clean and highly maintainable code
- Collaborating as part of a team (squad) to deliver product features and functionality
- Engaging with our Product Managers, Architects, Senior/Principal developers, and other stakeholders
- Extending your own skills by learning from and growing with the team
What you need to bring:
We’re a team of 6 people based mainly in our Belfast office but collaborate with other stakeholders worldwide.
We’re looking for a Software Developer who has experience with the following:
- Experience developing and shipping production-grade software
- Full stack development
- Ownership for your features and systems throughout the SDLC and beyond
- Solid foundation in computer science
- Ability to analyse production environments, incidents and performance characteristics
- Eagerness to improve existing systems and plan new ones
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role… hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails
- Experience of Golang
- Experience in microservice architectures
- Experience writing automated unit and functional tests
- Experience with cloud environments like AWS, as well as container technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Experience with real time messaging systems (Pub/Sub, Kafka)
- Experience with both relational (SQL) and non-relational (NoSQL) datastores
- Experience with git
- A keen interest in API design
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience…
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of fully remote work
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
- All of our work is business driven
- Our developers work on Macbook Pros
- Our code is stored in Github and we make extensive use of pull requests in order to review each other’s work
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Generous Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Private Health Insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of £400 per year
- Up to 24 weeks paid parental leave (Paternity and Maternity)
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- Volunteer day
- LinkedIn Learning for everyone
- Focused career development plans
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed’s one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.