Moz is looking for a Node.js Software Developer to join the User Services team. User Services is responsible for building applications to support all invoicing, charging, and subscription-management for Moz products. We are open to hiring strong mid or senior level developers.
The team is part of the larger engineering group at Moz which supports the development of Moz’s core SaaS products. Engineering collaborates across roles and disciplines to deliver tools for digital marketers in all industries and aspects of Search.
We are an office optional company. This position can be fully remote from anywhere within US or Canada. We’re also open to having folks be based out of our Seattle, WA or Vancouver, BC offices.
Diversity & Inclusivity. Moz is committed to building diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected. We work to help close the gender gap in tech, and to actively recruit people from other underrepresented groups. We strongly encourage women, gender diverse people, and minority candidates to apply for this role.
What You Will Do:
- Lead the team through our agile framework to scope projects and deliver software against the subscription and payments problem-space using using the following technologies:
- Contribute to our devops culture by maintaining our systems, including creating documentation, runbooks, monitoring and alerting, integration tests, etc.
- Maintain SLAs for our applications, add logging, metrics and alerts to ensure errors are proactively identified and corrected.
- Lead and mentor people through architecture design and development for new features and capabilities, and for migration of legacy systems, to meet business and customer needs.
- Take turns in the on-call rotation, handling systems and operations issues as they arise including responding to off-hours alerts
- Build internal administrative tools for customer support, account management, and other business users
- Understand and embrace our core TAGFEE values: Transparent Accountable, Generous, Fun, Empathetic and Exceptional.
Experience We Want To See:
- This is a senior role, you should have demonstrated experience in repeatedly delivering products or services using modern web technologies.
- Experience working with API design and distributed backend systems
- Experience working remotely with a distributed team
- Led a team of engineers on a project and seen it to successful completion
- Experience mentoring junior team members
- Been involved in a cross-team effort for improving adherence to standards eg. Observability
- Worked on a payments processing system
- Experience working with AWS
Moz is the most trusted authority in online search with powerful SEO and Local Search platforms to help marketers improve the position of their brands, business locations and competitive rank in search results. Moz’s platforms are powered by world-class quality data, both robust and fresh enough to serve as the foundation upon which crucial business decisions are made.
Moz was founded in 2006 and is a subsidiary of Ziff Davis, Inc. (NASDAQ: ZD).