Groove is a sales productivity platform that enables revenue leaders to increase dollars per rep across every division of the enterprise. More than 70,000 users at customers including Google, Uber, and Capital One leverage Groove to be more efficient and effective. Learn more: https://groove.co.
We value unconventional candidates and people who are looking for stretch roles; therefore, we encourage people to apply even if their experience does not meet every single qualification.
About the Role:
Problem solver, results driven, creative, hands on, enthusiastic – we are seeking a Senior / Lead SDET that has these characteristics. Groove is a software company that uses Agile and SCRUM methodologies to develop and deliver our product. The successful candidate will need to lead and manage QA automation projects in delivering a high-quality software product and on time. The candidate also needs to maintain automated test scripts to perform functional, regression and load testing as well as setting up and maintaining a lab environment for testing performance, scalability, ETL/data integrations to other third-party applications.
- Collaborating with Product and Development Teams to analyze and understand application requirements, identifying potential gaps.
- Lead, coach, and mentor Automation Engineers to deliver high-quality Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions
- Executing various levels and types of testing such as smoke, functional, compatibility and regression tests using automated scripts.
- Identifying, researching and documenting bugs; suggesting possible resolutions and root causes
- Contributing to process improvements efforts related to all aspects of Software Quality Assurance in an effort to reduce defects and quality issues
- Manage multi-shore and multi-disciplinary QA teams in the US and other offshore locations
- Evaluate test results against expected results, implement improvements to processes, and recommend alternative testing as needed
- Maintain and report automation test metrics for all active projects to include code coverage, function coverage, test case coverage
- Engage with key leaders to drive the vision and overall priorities to deliver quality products
- Communicate and translate vision/strategy to the team executing on functional and business goals for the team
- 5+ years of hands-on enterprise software QA engineering, analysis, and testing experience
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in designing automation framework for APIs, mobile and web based enterprise software applications.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, time management skills with good knowledge of tools and techniques for anticipating, recognizing and resolving technical problems
- Ability to prioritize work tasks in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, adaptability, and to think beyond “outside of the box”
- Service orientation and ability to work in a team and collaborative environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge of SQL and RDBMS such as MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, etc.
- Ability to evaluate and implement testing tools as per the organization needs.
- Experience on building and running complex test environments
- 2+ years of testing experience as a Automation lead or Architect, managing offshore/multi-shore automation teams with demonstrated experience building and motivating teams
- Successfully released 3+ enterprise software suite releases in ERP, CRM, or comparable business software applications
- Experience in SOAP/REST web services (XML / JSON) testing and automation
- Experience building Rest API Automation Framework using Karate/Rest Assured
- Proven expertise and success with QA automation tools, both commercial and open source to include Mercury QuickTest Pro, LoadRunner, Selenium, Cypress, Jmeter, or Watir for example
- Proven success with regression, performance, concurrency, and scalability testing methodologies
- Ability to provide hands-on leadership, and work flexible hours some evenings and weekends
- Should have experience in CI tools like Rundeck/Jenkins
- Ability to implement and configure code coverage tools like Cobertura, JaCoCo, OpenClover etc
- Enterprise Software as a Service (SaaS) QA experience strongly desired
Benefits and Perks
- Stock options
- 401k match
- Unlimited PTO for US employees
- Medical/dental/vision insurance, employee premiums covered at 99%!
- Company-paid life insurance
- 100% Remote Workforce
- 12 Paid holidays
- Professional development opportunities
- Company-wide and team-building retreats & virtual events
- Fun, collaborative, and balanced culture
- Monthly Wellness Stipend
*Benefits and perks may vary per country*
Our Culture and Core Values
At Groove we have three simple values: Team over Self, Care More and Enjoy the Journey and we take them seriously. Our teams are on a journey of building and growing a leading-edge company that drives huge value for our users. Our environment allows for self-motivated people to wear multiple hats, build processes from scratch, think outside the box and work with a diverse team based around the world. These are only a few of the reasons that we have a five-star rating on Glassdoor.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Groove is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We offer highly competitive compensation packages and excellent benefits, including medical/dental/vision insurance, flexible PTO, and a matching 401K.