If you are passionate about creating scalable, highly reliable software systems and work well in a fast paced atmosphere, this might be a great role for you! Welcome to Bigleaf – We keep businesses connected to the cloud. Wonder how that works? Check out our videos or visit our homepage: https://www.bigleaf.net/how-it-works/
Bigleaf is growing quickly and we have big plans. We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join our team. We’re a well-funded fast-growing startup, so your day-to-day tasks will vary quite a bit and morph over time, but here’s an overview:
What you’ll be doing:
As a Software Engineer at Bigleaf, you will develop network software for Bigleaf SD-WAN products and services. Your code will run on thousands of routers across our fleet. You’ll dig deep into network performance, from onsite routers to Internet WAN circuits to infrastructure servers. Your contributions will ensure stable and secure Internet connectivity for Bigleaf customers.
- Write code to implement new back-end features. Design, implement and deploy those features for Bigleaf customers
- Enhance our operational tools and systems. Identify and implement improvements to our internal processes and engineering workflows
- Maintain the Linux system software underneath Bigleaf devices
- Work across teams (Engineering, Support, Network Operations) to provide the best possible experience for our customers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field involving software/systems engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of professional software-development experience
- Familiarity with network protocols, such as TCP/IP, IPv6, etc.
- Familiarity with system-level development in Linux
- Familiarity with at least one modern programming language, ideally Python or golang
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, supporting multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a multi-team, collaborative environment
Highlight of our Benefits:
- Medical (We pay 100% for all levels of coverage)
- Dental & Vision (We pay 100% for all levels of coverage)
- Life insurance, long term disability
- 401k with dollar for dollar safe harbor match
- Stock options plan
- Generous parental leave (6 weeks)
- 4 weeks of PTO +1 week of Wellness Time per year
- 13 Company Holidays
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Technology/Remote Work Stipend
- Monthly credit for GrubHub
- 2x per year full company offsite events!
This is a very exciting period of growth for our team. We appreciate you taking the time to carefully read through this ad. Our vision is to bring peace into the lives of our customers through advanced technology and excellent service. If you would like to join us in this role, please send along a resume and cover letter of how you meet the qualifications above and why you’re interested. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, 401k with match and a stock options plan.
We’re building a team in addition to a product, and we value and seek inclusion and diversity in that team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and feel it makes our teams stronger, so we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet the exact qualifications for this role.