$110000 – $130000 / year
About the Company
Arcules is changing the video surveillance market and moving customers to a smarter, more reliable cloud-based solution. Our company is a technology spin out of Canon Inc. and has seed technology from the Milestone video surveillance division. We are targeting mid-market enterprises looking to interconnect their business locations. Our technology brings video and smart building elements together and our analytics help customers make more informed decisions. Our go-to-market strategy leverages systems integration companies to get our solutions to end customers.
Arcules offers excellent benefits, including top-tier PPO and HMO medical plans, four weeks of vacation, three weeks of sick leave, 401(k) plan after three months of employment (4% company match), an on-site gym and game pavilion, an awesome work environment and more.
Overview of the Job
As a Software Engineer, you will work in a cross-functional team environment with other engineers as well as product managers, architects, UX designers and operations teams to deliver top quality cloud based solution using Agile methodologies. Provide mentorship to other software engineers.
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, and maintain software technologies using microservices design principles, serverless design patterns and event-driven systems
- Create web applications using modern cloud technology stack including React, Node.JS and Golang
- Troubleshoot problems and develop solutions with little to no supervision
- Mentor other software engineers and new hires to help them learn about the product and necessary skills to do the job; provide technical leadership as part of an engineering team
- Collaborate with other software engineers to deliver on product goals
- Other duties as assigned
- B.S. in Computer Engineering or Science (Masters preferred) with at least 3 years of software development experience with a distinguished track record delivering technically complex enterprise services (or equivalent experience)..
- Familiarity with Linux
- SQL and NoSQL database experience
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud platform
- Familiarity with GraphQL and testing frameworks such as Enzyme or Jest
- VMS or Security industry experience