Moment is a fast growing marketplace for creatives. Our platform handles millions of visitors and dollars in transactions with a growing set of offerings (from physical to digital goods). Beyond the usual e-commerce features, we’re building a platform that enables sellers and pro creatives to build their business on top of us. This means we have lots of interesting problems to solve with tools, integrations, memberships and automations.
We’re looking for a Mid to Senior Software Engineer to join our team and help us build new features and scale our Marketplace. Our platform is built with PHP, Yii2, and Craft. We are looking for someone who cares about performance, doesn’t cringe at the word automation, and ultimately wants to ship code that will help to scale our offerings.
U.S. applicants only please. No agencies, we are looking for an in-house, full-time hire.
What You’ll Be Working On
- Working on a team of 5 engineers and 1 designer
- Working on our marketplace: https://www.shopmoment.com
- Writing code in Yii2/Craft/PHP 7.3
- Reviewing code that you did not write
You Need These Qualifications
- Strong understanding of Web Development
- Strong understanding of PHP and SQL
- Experience working in any MVC (e.g. Laravel, Yii2, Slim)
- Comfortable writing tests and architecting testable code
These Qualifications Are A Plus
- Prior experience working with Craft CMS
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Vue.js, Nuxt, and/or Yarn
- Any ecommerce platform experience
- Experience working with a SPA
- Experience collaborating with remote teams
- Experience in other languages and frameworks: Webpack, GraphQL, Laravel, Typescript, ReactJS, SQL
Compensation And Benefits
The Moment culture is about ownership so the more you take on the more you make. Otherwise, we keep compensation simple…
- A competitive salary.
- Equity in the company.
- Medical insurance or $600 per month to do what you want.
- Flexible Schedule: Work when you want, as long as you finish work on time and set teammates up for success.
- Free Moment gear and discounts on our whole store.
- A $500 stipend per year to spend on your own equipment.
- Three company offsites per year.
- Unlimited vacation.