About the Team
Our user base is rapidly growing, and each of our users places an immense amount of trust in MetaMask as a tool that manages and wields their digital authority, controlling assets, identities and more. It is of highest importance to us that we keep our users as safe and secure as possible. Our Security team ensures that we deliver on this commitment.
About the Role
MetaMask has experienced explosive user growth over the past year as a cryptographic key manager and web3 application development platform. As this user base continues to grow, an immense amount of trust is being placed in MetaMask as a tool that manages and wields their digital authority, controlling assets, identities and more. It is of highest importance to us that we keep our users as safe and secure as possible.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to contribute in the following areas who will work closely with development teams and product managers to ensure MetaMask products are designed and implemented to the highest security standards.
To apply for this position, you must have:
- 2+ years of work experience in an enterprise engineering domain
- An interest in growing security related expertise
- Excellent problem-solving skills and sharp attention to detail.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with the Ethereum blockchain and Decentralized Applications.
- Experience with modern JS frameworks React or React Native.
- Enthusiasm for shipping high-quality code and helping peers do the same.
- Proactiveness and be self-driven to be successful working in a remote environment.
- Understanding of web development practices and terminology.
- A belief in our mission and values.
- Blockchain expertise.
- Relevant knowledge of modern web and mobile app security landscape, real-world attacks and mitigations.
- Native mobile development iOS/Android
- Previous experience working with Application Security Engineering teams.
- You’re a MetaMask user!
As a Software Engineer, you would contribute in the following areas:
- Supporting, analyzing & patching security incidents in production web services and mobile applications
- Write PoC’s to prove vulnerabilities, which will be included in internal and external reports.
- Review and ensure that patch code meets the standards set by the repository owners and maintainers.
- Validate that patches actually fix the reported vulnerabilities.
- Review vulnerability reports drafted by the TPM for accuracy from the engineer perspective.
- Participate in weekly meetings as necessary.
- Work with engineers on security-related issues.
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on.
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills. Candidates should anticipate a base salary (not including bonus, equity or other benefits) of $USD95,000 – $USD180,000.
We have a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to make sure we’re looking after you and what matters most.
We believe in ownership and want everyone to have a stake in our future success, that’s why you’ll receive equity when you join us.
Recognized in the blockchain and Web3 ecosystem
Working at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that extends across the global crypto ecosystem.
Continuous learning & opportunities
We provide ongoing growth and development through on-the-job learning, and the ConsenSys Advance Program which includes full access to Coursera, bespoke and technical learning programs and ConsenSys Academy our world-class blockchain and Ethereum program.
We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. In addition, company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
Flexible working arrangements
With our global workforce we have fine-tuned asynchronous working which means we have a lot of flexibility in the structure of when we work and how we work together.
You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from across 6 continents.