At HashiCorp, we’re building a generation-defining infrastructure software company, powered by our core principles and a growing team of talented, committed professionals working together to help organizations seamlessly transition to and operate in the cloud. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, 85 percent of our employees work remotely, strategically distributed around the globe. From our inception we built the company with a remote-first approach because we believe talent has no boundaries.
About the Role
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
uniEngineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn’t required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
This role is for an Engineer 1 on one of the engineering teams at HashiCorp. Each of these teams works on both open source and enterprise versions of each tool, programming primarily in Go with a focus on stability, reliability, performance, and security. Our infrastructure tools are used in critical environments and operated by a range of organizations and individuals to solve infrastructure management problems.
This role provides an opportunity to help design, prototype, and implement core features while ensuring the stability of the product across a range of use-cases. Our team’s work can be viewed on GitHub in the products (for Vault, Terraform, or Consul) or in libraries our teams depend on, like raft, memberlist, and go-plugin.
In this role, you can expect to learn how to…
- Program in Golang, learning from and contributing to a team committed to continually improving their skills
- Contribute to the HashiCorp community by providing code review, and support to HashiCorp employees, community members, and partners
- Advocate and support improvements to product APIs and core to improve development and integration of tools and plugins
- Build and architect systems for managing extremely large-scale global fleets of resources
- Work on issues and improvements critical to the success of HashiCorp customers and the broader community
- Own the full lifecycle of feature development from design through testing and release
You may be a good fit for our team if you…
- Will be graduating with a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent training in the United States
- Have academic or some experience working in a professional environment is preferred
- Have some proficiency in Go, Python, Java, or C++
- Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have the ability to work in a fast paced, team-based environment
- Exhibit high quality in your work, through research and understanding of the problem space, collaborating with the team to come up with solutions, proactively communicating your progress to the team, and shipping the feature over the finish line
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Are well-organized, excellent work ethic, attention to detail, self-starting, and have a desire to learn
- Are a creative thinker who also understands real-world products
- Have the constant desire to grow, learn, and explore new things
- Emulate the HashiCorp principles
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.