Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3). While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we’re creating Product Experience Insights software for digital product teams. We help show how users behave and what they feel strongly about, so product teams can deliver real value, fast. As part of our Engineering team, you’ll work on the exciting challenges that come with large-scale web traffic and analytics.
We work in an agile and highly collaborative environment, 100% remotely, and challenge the norms of traditional business leadership. Our focus is on true transparency and respect.
We’re looking for enthusiastic and resourceful software engineers who are passionate about building great products, someone who loves being part of a team, whilst enjoying the autonomous nature of working remotely.
About the job
- Work in an agile cross-functional team with other frontend engineers, backend engineers, and product designers.
- Develop and improve our tracking script according to the best practices.
- Mentor other team members through pair programming, code reviews, and ad-hoc assistance.
- Collaborate with engineers across the department to identify and build on improvements to our processes and systems.
- 5+ years of experience with component-based architecture using libraries such as Angular or React.
- Strong Experience with Browsers API.
- Strong experience with automated testing frameworks such as Jest, Karma, Cypress, or Protractor.
- Value collaboration with Product Designers to deliver pixel perfect experiences.
- Pragmatic engineer who actively avoids over-engineering of solutions and understands how to maintain a high-quality of code in a delivery-focused environment.
- You stay on top of the latest developments in web technologies.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Will submit to a background check, confidentially processed by our third-party partner.
What we offer
- A remote and accomplished diverse and international team.
- An opportunity to positively impact people’s experience online and make the web a better place.
- Annual learning and development budget.
- Several perks designed for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance. (Holiday Budget, Wellbeing Allowance, Working Together Budget, 16 weeks paid parental leave, and much more).
The compensation range for this role is €60,000 to €80,000 annually. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks chosen to reflect our values and ideals, be it encouraging constant learning with our Personal Development Budget, a great work/life balance with the annual leave and Holiday Budget, or a happy, healthy team with our Wellbeing Budget.
Hotjar pledges to be a harassment-free and discrimination-free company, committed to equal opportunity. We believe people from different backgrounds, with different identities and experiences, make our product, and our company, better.