About Aurora Solar
Are you ready to join the solar revolution? Look no further than Aurora Solar, where we’re on a mission to create a solar energy future for all.
A fast-growing Series D company, Aurora is disrupting the clean energy industry and changing the course of history with our award-winning, industry-leading software. This software doesn’t just design millions of solar projects, but it designs a better tomorrow, empowering solar companies to sell, design, and install residential and commercial solar arrays accurately, seamlessly, and at scale.
It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, and we’ve got a stellar team that’s helping us get there. We were named one of “The Best Mid Sized Remote Companies To Work for in 2023” by BuiltIn.com and have been awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, and as we continue to build, we need even more passionate, skilled, and, well, energized people on board.
About the Role
We are hiring software engineers across all levels for multiple teams who are comfortable taking control and owning complex projects while collaborating with other members of the team. Every engineer plays a vital role in key feature rollouts and contributes to the creation and development of cutting-edge technology in the solar industry.
What You’ll Do
- Build new functionality and features for our software platform
- Scale Aurora’s infrastructure by 10x over the next year
- Develop and extend our existing API
- Build integrations with other players in the solar industry
- Build new functionality for our industry-leading solar design platform
- Spearhead the development of new greenfield products
What We Value
- Passion for renewable energy and sustainability
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Excellent engineering skills and strong computer science fundamentals
- Ability to perform and thrive in a remote environment at a fast-growing company
- Hands-on experience with microservices, websocket programming, message queue software, gRPC, thrift, protobuf, or graphQL
- Contributions to large software projects as a member of a broader team
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience developing backend web systems
- Experience managing databases (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Experience integrating with third-party APIs
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails
- Love writing TypeScript (React, Redux, Styled Components experience a plus)
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.