About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Remote-First Companies To Work for in 2022” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
We are looking for senior full stack engineers (mid-senior) who are comfortable taking control of complex projects and working with other members of the team. Every engineer contributes to key feature rollouts and cutting-edge technology of the solar industry.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Build new functionality and features for our software platform
- Scale Aurora’s infrastructure by 10x over the next year
- Develop and extend our existing API
- Build integrations with other players in the solar industry
- Build new functionality for our industry-leading solar design platform
- Spearhead the development of new greenfield products
What we value:
- Passion for renewable energy and sustainability
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Excellent engineering skills and strong computer science fundamentals
- Ability to perform and thrive in a remote environment at a fast-growing company
- Academic background in one or more of the following: databases, data models, networking, linear algebra, computational geometry, numerical algorithms, data structures and algorithms
- Hands-on experience with microservices, websocket programming, message queue software, gRPC, thrift, protobuf, or graphQL
- Contributions to large software projects as a member of a broader team
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience developing backend web systems
- Experience managing databases (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Experience integrating with third-party APIs
- Familiarity with Python & Flask and eager to learn Ruby on Rails or vice versa
- Love writing TypeScript (React, Redux, Styled Components experience a plus)
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.