About BentoBox & Our Mission
The BentoBox Marketing and Commerce Platform delivers a seamless guest experience dedicated to accelerating growth and helping restaurants thrive. Restaurant concepts worldwide rely on BentoBox as their digital front door for elevated design, built-in marketing tools, actionable data, and a best-in-class customer experience that’s built for growth. BentoBox is trusted and loved by industry leaders such as José Andrés’s ThinkFoodGroup, Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group, Emmy Squared, Suerte, and The Meatball Shop.
Our mission is to empower the world’s restaurants to succeed in their mission of hospitality.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a mid-level Software Engineer to help build the world’s best digital operations platform for restaurants. Our current technology stack consists mostly of Django / Python and React, but we are always looking to use the tools that are most appropriate for the task at hand.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with designers, product managers, and other engineers to implement new features on our platform
- Contribute clean, clear, high-quality production code
- Help the product and design teamwork through the product specification, design, and feasibility process
- Contribute unit and integration tests for new and existing features
- Provide effective and constructive feedback on other engineer’s contributions
- Research and recommend new technologies, help set best practices and coding standards
- Uphold BentoBox’s core mission, vision, and values
Experience We’re Looking For:
- 2-5 years of experience writing production code
- Some experience with writing code within the context of a web-based framework such as Django or Rails
- Some level of experience with React (with or without Redux)
Perks of Joining Us:
We’re building a hybrid workforce, all or most of our roles can be worked remotely, regardless of location, unless specified.
- Competitive salary
- 100% Employer Covered Health Benefits, Dental & Vision offerings
- 401(k) with company match
- Unlimited paid time off
- Paid family leave
- Professional development, growth and support
- Perks when dining with BentoBox customers
- Work from Home Stipend
- Opportunity to work with a passionate team making a positive impact on the hospitality community
BentoBox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.