Fundrise offers several options for your work environment from any location in the United States: you can work as a fully-remote team member, either from your own home or an option for company-paid access to any WeWork office, from any location in the United States or you can work in-person at our Washington, DC headquarters if you reside in the area.
Fundrise is a financial technology company that is on a mission to build a better financial system for the individual. Founded in 2012, we’re the largest direct-to-investor real estate investment platform in the United States. We make institutional-quality real estate investments available to individual investors of every size at the touch of a button. We develop software to consume ever more of the value chain of the private investment industry. This pattern is an old story in other industries, but the broader financial system has managed to escape true disruption to date. While today we are focused on how to redefine the process of investing in real estate, we’ve always thought about our mission as bigger than just real estate investment. It’s a way to democratize and reimagine private markets altogether.
Since our launch, Fundrise has raised over $3.1 billion from investors in all 50 states and has been honored on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies and the Financial Times 2020 and 2021 ranking of the Americas’ fastest growing companies. We’ve also been recognized as Nerdwallet’s Best Real Estate Investment Platform of 2021.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic engineer to join our CloudOps team. This person will work hands-on with our product engineering teams and engineering management to source control our AWS infrastructure and automate our Cloud platform. They will also help to enforce security and governance and ensure continuous improvement of our Cloud infrastructure and processes. If you have a focus on Security, Networking or Automation, we want to talk!
- Work closely with other Lead DevOps Engineer to gather system requirements, provide solutions, and educate our internal customers
- Help to bring our AWS infrastructure under source control
- Implement best security and governance practices in our AWS Cloud Environment
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer or DevOps/CloudOps Engineer
- 3 years of hands-on experience with AWS in a production environment
- 2 years of hands-on experience using Infrastructure as Code (CloudFormation, CDK preferred) to ensure repeatable, automated, and sustainable AWS infrastructure
- 1 year of experience with containerization deployments and build pipelines using Docker, ECS, etc.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, including the ability to explain complicated cloud concepts, principles, and standards to engineering teams
- Strong Unix Knowledge with experience in Bash scripting, Process Monitoring, Text Manipulation Tools, Networking, etc.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), including familiarity with tools like Jenkins, Bitbucket pipelines, AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodeDeploy, AWS CodePipeline, etc.
- Experience building and maintaining AWS infrastructure (VPC, EC2, Security Groups, IAM, ECS, CodeDeploy, CloudFront, S3)
- Experience implementing container and serverless technologies, architecture patterns, area of applicability, restrictions, and typical issues that may arise
- Knowledge of Network Services in AWS (VPC, Route Table, Security Groups, Transit Gateway, Private Link, VPC Interface Endpoint)
- Knowledge of AWS Databases including Amazon Aurora, Relational Database Service (RDS), DynamoDB, Elasticache, etc.
- Understanding of the best practices to design and develop secure, high-performing, multi-account, fault-tolerant, highly available, and reliable solutions using cloud-native patterns
The estimated base salary range Fundrise expects to pay for this position is between $123,000 and $148,000 annually. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, such as a target discretionary performance bonus and restricted stock units (as applicable). The range for this role takes into account a wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: candidate’s relevant skill set, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and other business/organizational needs.
Benefits at Fundrise
• Great medical, dental, and vision insurance with coverage of 100% of employee premiums and 50% of dependent premiums
• Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses, dependent care, and parking
• 401(k) with 3% contributed by Fundrise, regardless of whether you are actively contributing yourself
• Fully covered life insurance and short-term disability
• Significant equity via our employee stock grant program
• Company-paid access to WeWork
• Gympass benefit including mental health resources
• Udemy license for on-demand continuous learning content
• Quarterly Book Initiative to select two books from a curated list related to a different topic each quarter
• Flexible PTO
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid parental leave