6 River Systems is a Shopify (SHOP) company leading the way to faster fulfillment. E-commerce changed the world and 6 River Systems is building solutions to power the winning warehouses of the future. We’re revolutionizing warehouse automation with collaborative mobile robots driven by artificial intelligence and cloud-based software.
We are looking for engineers to join our Mobile Platform team. As a Mobile Software Engineer at 6RS, you will collaborate with product, DevOps, operations, UI, and UX teams to build mobile products that will help power the network of next-generation warehouses.
If you are a self-directed engineer with experience in mobile development and an interest in automation and supply chain, we want to hear from you.
- Help define the roadmap, best practices, and design patterns for the mobile platform.
- Partner with leadership, engineers, program managers, and product managers to understand complex supply chain workflow needs.
- Help build the mobile platform foundation for workflows that will run the next-generation warehouses in collaboration with the 6RS robots (Chucks).
To succeed in this role, you’ll need:
- Scrappy, yet thoughtful approach to problem solving
- Experience in web and mobile languages and technologies
- React JS
- Solid understanding of Object-oriented programming
- Experience developing mobile applications
- Practical experience designing and developing scalable software
- Knowledge of:
- Relational databases and data modeling
- Microservices architecture
- Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud technologies
- Commitment to rigorous testing and validation (we write lots of unit tests)
Bonus points for:
- Experience delivering applications on the Android platform in enterprise settings
- Experience with Electron app development
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems
Why 6RS? Recognized by the Boston Globe as a Top Place to Work
- Entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up combined with the stability of a global commerce company
- Competitive compensation packages and Shopify RSUs
- Company-paid health, dental, and vision coverage for all employees
- Paid holidays, vacation/sick time, and parental leave
- Annual 401k contribution from the company
- Lifestyle spending account
About 6 River Systems
Founded in Waltham, Massachusetts in 2015, 6 River Systems is a leading collaborative mobile robotics fulfillment solution and part of global commerce company Shopify. Founders Jerome Dubois and Rylan Hamilton were previously executives at Kiva Systems (now Amazon Robotics). The 6 River Systems solution is operating in more than 20 facilities in the U.S., Canada, and Europe, fulfilling millions of units each week for companies including Lockheed Martin, CSAT Solutions, ACT Fulfillment, DHL, XPO Logistics, and Office Depot. To learn more, visit www.6river.com.
Shopify is a leading global commerce company, providing trusted tools to start, grow, market, and manage a retail business of any size. Shopify makes commerce better for everyone with a platform and services that are engineered for reliability while delivering a better shopping experience for consumers everywhere. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify powers over one million businesses in more than 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, PepsiCo, Staples, and many more. For more information, visit www.shopify.com.