Woven Planet, a Toyota subsidiary, is building the safest mobility in the world to transform how we live, work, and move. For nearly a century Toyota has delivered products and services that improve lives. We are continuing that legacy by focusing on automated driving, smart cities, and robotics with safety, reliability, and connection in mind. Together we will weave Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship to realize the dream for a better life for all people.
To build towards this future we need maps, but not just any maps. We need high-definition maps at a global scale that stay up-to-date with the ever-changing world. The Automated Mapping Platform team is taking on this vital work by building crowd-sourced software to enable high-precision localization and sustainable access to multi-layered data that will allow vehicles to stay connected. Our revolutionary business model will support mobility that is both scalable and sustainable, positioning Woven Planet as the world’s largest provider of up-to-date HD maps.
As the Software Engineer – Localization & Mapping for the Automated Mapping Platform team, you are enthusiastic and bring an expertise in processing and fusing data from different vehicle sources, such as sensors and cameras. You have knowledge of sensors and large-scale data processing. You are diligent, keen to learn new technologies, and looking to contribute to building a global ecosystem through the new technology of high definition mapping.
NOTE: If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – please apply! Skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
- You will collaborate with other software engineers and research scientists to develop state-of-the-art localization, mapping and data fusion algorithms
- You will develop high-quality software designs that allows for both high-performance and maintainable software
- You will create and improve services and data pipelines to generate map data based on vehicle sensor data
- You will build services and products that serve world scale data
- You will be involved in maintaining the high definition map database at nationwide, regional and global scale
- You will live and breathe the software practices that produce maintainable code, including automated testing, continuous integration, code style conformity, and code review
We’d love to hear from you (required) if:
- You have a degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- You bring Software development experience in Python and C++
- You are familiar with core concepts such as state estimation, SLAM, signal processing
Be sure to mention if you have any of the following optional, but relevant experience:
- Your degree is a Masters or PhD with a focus on robotics, control systems, computer vision, machine learning (perception) or a related field
- You have experience developing computer vision algorithms
- You have familiarity with advanced CV concepts such as 3D reconstruction, structure from motion, visual odometry, computational geometry, and machine learning approaches
- You are keen to learn new languages and technologies as necessary
- You have the ability to work independently, proactively to find solutions and to work with cross-functional teams
- You have experience in map generation and map updates, including database handling and migration
- You have experience in developing data collection & management systems including SQL and/or NOSQL databases and leveraging a modern cloud vendor infrastructure
- You have experience with Agile/Scrum and typical agile tools (Git, JIRA, Confluence etc)
Benefits & Perks: We’re committed to creating an environment where you thrive personally and professionally. Our benefits are crafted to support your well-being on a number of levels and include:
- Competitive compensation package
- Company sponsored 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous paid, parental leave (26 weeks for birthing mothers | 18 weeks for non-birthing parents)
- Generous benefits package including premium health care plan
- Toyota/Lexus Vehicle Leasing Program
- We’re mostly working remotely, but expect to return to office in a hybrid capacity that emphasis flexible working norms and time-off
- No state or city income taxes in our New York office as part of the START-UP NY program for new employees, nor in our Seattle office per Washington state laws
- Backup child/elder care
- Monthly home office stipend
- Mental health and wellness program from Modern Health
- Concierge Medical support by OneMedical
- Telehealth benefits
- Short-term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Supplemental Disability Insurance
- In-house Training Program (software study/language study)
*This position is open to be US-remote, but candidates residing in the greater Seattle, San Francisco or NYC areas are strongly preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and diversity is critical to our company. Furthermore, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are advocates for justice and overt promoters of marginalized, under-represented groups and individuals.