At Weights & Biases, our mission is to build the best developer tools for machine learning. Weights & Biases is a series C company with $200 million in funding and a rapidly growing user base. Our platform is an essential piece of the daily work for machine learning engineers, from academic research institutions like FAIR and UC Berkeley to massive enterprise teams including iRobot, OpenAI, Toyota Research Institute, Samsung, NVIDIA, Salesforce, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Lyft, and more.
The Machine Learning Frameworks Engineer, reporting to the SDK Team Manager, will be responsible for building the software development kit (SDK) which helps our users accelerate their machine learning projects and build better models faster. The role involves exploring the pain points experienced by Machine Learning Engineers who are building state-of-the-art models, designing solutions to address these issues, and implementing efficient and intuitive interfaces which integrate cleanly into the latest Machine Learning frameworks. The role involves working at the intersection of software development, machine learning, and novel product development.
What you’ll achieve
- Collaborate with senior engineers on the Python library team to dig into complex use cases
- Build out support for advanced machine learning workflows, such as distributed training
- Design thoughtful solutions to capture user issues in different client setups, and capture the pertinent info for debugging
- Creatively improve on current features, and seek out ways to simplify the API and streamline the user experience
- Improve CLI and SDK interfaces, implement new integrations with popular ML frameworks as they’re released
- Keep up with the latest trends in the ML world and leverage existing tools and frameworks whenever necessary
What we’re looking for
- Communication and collaboration on cross-functional projects
- Creative problem solving, and a willingness to dig into details
- 4+ years of professional software development, especially in Python
- Experience contributing to architecture and systems design
- Experience with ML frameworks such as PyTorch or TensorFlow
Here are some key characteristics that will help you thrive in this role:
- Outgoing and friendly: You’ll love this role if you enjoy connecting with real users day to day, helping them solve issues and understanding good patterns for using our tools. Day to day you’ll be answering questions and requests with a kind, thoughtful tone that makes users feel appreciated and connected to our team.
- Autonomous: If you work well in a self-directed environment, and proactively find ways to improve processes and collaborate with team members or engaged users, your initiative will really shine in this role.
- Curious and driven: Explore machine learning and learn more about the engineering stack and common ML workflows. Solve problems in both fast-paced, short-term sprints and in larger, more long-term projects.
- Organized: A core part of engineering support at Weights & Biases is organizing feedback from many channels into a single, orderly stream. Your organization skills and time management will be key to running this process well.
- 🏝️ Unlimited vacation time
- 🩺 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision for employees and Family
- 🏠 Remote first culture with in-office flexibility in San Francisco
- 💵 $500 home office budget with new high-powered laptop
- 🥇 Truly competitive salary and equity
- 🚼 12 weeks of Parental leave
- 📈 401(k)
We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn’t perfectly align with the job description as we seek out diverse and creative perspectives. Team members who love to learn and collaborate in an inclusive environment will flourish with us. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, reach out at email@example.com.