We build tools that are used by thousands of development teams around the world including the BBC, Shopify, Adobe, and, of course, ourselves. We are a revenue positive startup that cares about the details. We work together to do some of the best work of our careers and only ship work we can be truly proud of. But we need your help.
We need someone like you to join the team that’s building and running the back-end systems that make Chromatic hum. We’re not talking about a simple CRUD application. We run an elastic browser rendering grid on AWS Fargate and Lambda. We manage that with a high-volume queuing system that talks to our GraphQL application back-end and various 3rd party APIs.
In short: you’ll be working on interesting problems and leveraging your skills and experience to build highly scalable systems.
Required Location: North America or Europe
- Build new back-end services at massive scale — millions of browser sessions over thousands of machines every day.
- Work closely with product to help refine specifications and provide technical guidance.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams at the company to take full-stack features to production.
- Configure elastic cloud infrastructure and deployments to run the services you build.
- Troubleshoot infrastructure issues including outage postmortem analysis and customer issues traced to back-end services.
- Participate in the engineering team’s on-call rotation (mostly during business hours, thanks to our distributed team).
- 5+ years of real world experience building and operating (scaling, debugging) complex back-end systems.
- Some experience in a low level language such as C, Rust or Go (i.e not a scripting language).
- Experience building for a cloud environment (lambda, kafka, docker, etc).
- Excellent technical communication skills and enthusiasm for writing things down.
- Bonus: Experience working with web browser internals and/or Node.js.