What you’ll be doing
- Design and implement features for the Labelbox Platform, which will be used by ML engineering teams to create and manage training data for production AI solutions.
- Be actively involved in strategic decisions and product direction.
- Work closely with PMs, designers, and engineers to design and iterate over engineering solutions.
- Work closely with highly technical Labelbox customers/users to deeply understand their needs and build products that will help accelerate their development of production AI solutions.
- Continuously iterate on and improve development processes, and help onboard new team members.
- Participate in the Platform on-call rotation, and debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
What we value
- You are excited about building a highly elegant and intuitive product that ML engineers will use to create and manage training data for production AI solutions.
- You have a strong technical background, and a track record of designing and delivering engineering projects/features end-to-end.
- You are able to balance owning technical design decisions, soliciting feedback, managing and communicating timelines, and making appropriate tradeoffs between development speed and software robustness/reliability.
- You strive to build systems that are robust, yet simple and easy to understand.
- You have experience as a generalist, working across the frontend, backend, and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users.
- You apply a constant and committed approach to learning and growing in your art. You believe in applying your craft to practical problems and value having a meaningful impact in an exciting, growing field.
We’re looking for someone with
- 2+ years of experience building production web applications and distributed systems
- Experience building scalable web services in either Node.js, Python, Go, Ruby, Java or similar language/framework
- Experience working with databases, cloud environments, and distributed systems
- Experience building elegant and intuitive web applications using React/Redux or similar web frameworks
- Experience collaborating closely with PMs and designers
- BS / MS (or equivalent) in computer science or a related field