As an Etsy employee, you can do the work you love, be yourself, and make an impact in the lives of millions. Our commitments to diversity and inclusion, team culture and the spaces where we work all reflect our mission to keep commerce human.
Etsy is seeking a Software Engineer to join the Progressive Web App team.
The Progressive Web Apps (PWA) team is working to create and deliver the fastest, most intuitive, and most responsive experience for people to purchase items on Etsy through their mobile devices — without having to download our app. We’re finding new ways to use technology to build pages and interactions that are fast and elegant, and we’re excited to define the future of Etsy’s mobile web experience.
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for delivering innovative experiences that elevate the mobile web platform to improve the buyer experience on Etsy. In this role you will join a newly-formed team that is moving quickly to convert the core product flow into a mobile-first, responsive Progressive Web App, taking advantage of improved performance and app-like features.
This is a full-time role based in Brooklyn, NY or remote. For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
About the Team:
The Buying Confidence initiative works on improving the item purchasing flow throughout the Etsy marketplace, focusing on our buyer flows on Etsy’s most trafficked pages. We work to reduce friction for our buyers, making sure they have an easy and inspiring experience throughout their buying journey.
Here’s a taste of the user problems we’re solving:
How can we leverage PWA tech to improve the buyer experience on mobile devices?
What is the optimal number of reviews for an Etsy listing?
What information does a buyer want to see on an item page?
How and when should we surface information about carbon neutral shipping?
The Progressive Web App squad, within Buying Confidence, supports Etsy’s goal of ensuring that purchasing items on your phone is fast, easy, and delightful, no matter where in the world you are.
About the Role:
We’re looking for engineers with experience building scalable and resilient critical path platform services. You should be customer-focused, data-driven, and passionate about collaborating with your teammates and peers. Your responsibilities include:
- Building products and experiences for people buying on Etsy with a focus on mobile web
- Able to pick up new concepts quickly and put them into practice
- Collaborating with our cross-functional teams and business partners across Etsy
- Using data to validate your hypotheses and inform your decision making
- Improve performance and architecture to pave the way for future product features
- Prior experience with mobile web – PWA or responsive-web experiences is a huge plus
- Comfortable collaborating closely with product managers, providing estimates or product ideas that will influence your team’s roadmap
- Have excellent communication skills, enthusiastic and forward-looking!
- Have a “leave it better than you found it” mentality, and are willing to work with and improve on code you did not originally write
- Love to experiment and use data to drive decision-making (especially using A/B testing)
- A passionate member of the Etsy community and someone who believes in Etsy’s vision, mission and values!
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.