We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us build the foundations of a healthy business as we continue to grow. You are someone who excels at building easy to use internal tools. You are committed to understanding business needs and your users’ experience, so that what you build solves problems in the best possible way. You’re enthusiastic about new tech, but judicious in using it. You delight in making a difference for millions of people in the world and you care about having a joyful work environment.
- Collaborate with teammates to build user interfaces that solve business problems and empower your users.
- Integrate with our other micro-services while maintaining scalability and network performance.
- Be responsive to live site issues and participate in maintaining a high availability service.
- Triage production performance issues on server infrastructure, maintaining high uptime.
- Sift through logs and root cause problems on client and server.
- Produce solid code, and raise the bar for the whole team on quality and speed.
- Work with a variety of languages, with a special focus on Django and Python.
You may be a fit if you:
- Communicate with empathy.
- Remain calm and even-keeled, especially in a storm.
- Have effective interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills to work successfully in a 100% remote team environment.
- Have at least 3 years of relevant experience, especially using Python in a professional setting.
- Pride yourself on a strong foundation in computer science, data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Are looking for a joyful work environment where you and your teammates look forward to coming to work.
- Are humble and intellectually curious.
A bit about us…
We’re on a mission to help people feel close. Our app, Marco Polo®, reaches millions of people, helping them stay in touch with the people who matter most to them. Our latest app, Marco Polo Channels, is a one-to-many coaching solution on your own time. Channels has many successful leaders earning revenue doing what they love while making an impact. We’re a distributed, small team, that cares about working joyfully and making a difference in the world.
Does this sound interesting to you? If so, then we’d love to hear from you. We care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We can add teammates from anywhere in North America.
You’ll love working at Marco Polo because:
- We’re a purpose-driven company making a difference in the lives of millions of people
- We’re not just a team, we’re a Teamily. This means that when you join Marco Polo, you’ll join a group of people who aren’t just passionate about what they do, but also care about each other
- We’re moving quickly so things never get stale
- We offer competitive compensation, including equity, healthcare (medical, vision, dental) and paid family leave
Does this sound exciting to you? Think you’re a great fit? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
Please email your resume and why you think you’d be the perfect fit to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org