Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. As an Etsy employee, you’ll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We’re large enough that you’ll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
The Support Platform Squad aims to provide human and effortless support where and when our members need it. As an engineer on this team, you will play a major role in improving the experience for millions of Etsy buyers and sellers. We’re a cross-functional group of engineers, data scientists, product managers, designers, and researchers.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to collaborate and lead in building trustworthy software and outstanding user experiences.
Here’s a taste of the problems we’re solving:
- Create a human and effortless support experience for our members
- Identify recurrent issues using adaptive algorithms that can be resolved with a better experience
- Equip agents with a best-in-class platform to provide personalized support
Etsy is built on Google Cloud Platform, and our Web stack runs on PHP and MySQL. On the front end, we’ve developed and migrated to our own design system, and mostly build interfaces using React. We were one of the earliest and are one of the largest practitioners of continuous deployment in the industry.
This is a full-time position within our Support Platform team located in Brooklyn, NY.
We’re also open to remote hires within all U.S. states except Hawaii and Alaska.
About the Role
As a Software Engineer at Etsy, you will:
- Able to pick up new concepts quickly and put them into practice
- Collaborating with our cross-functional teams and business partners across Etsy
- Using data to validate your hypotheses and inform your decision making
We are proud to have an engineering culture that encourages career growth and learning. You can learn more about our philosophies, tools, and some of the challenges we’ve been solving on our Code as Craft, our engineering blog.
You will do well in this role if you:
- Have experience operating in a full-stack environment.
- Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability and scalability.
- Can optimally and effectively use data to drive decision-making and solve problems.
- Can be autonomous and self-driven.
- Have excellent communication skills, enthusiastic and forward-looking!
- Are invested in Etsy’s vision, mission and values.
Experience with the technologies we currently use is beneficial, but not required.
*What’s Next* If you’re interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you’d be right for the position. As you?ve hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else? we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you’re all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.