At Vercel, we believe that liberating the frontend unlocks creativity and open-source is the best way forward.
We are building a next-generation internet where developers can create freely and execute new ideas, guaranteeing a more vibrant, personalized internet. Vercel’s platform provides the speed and reliability to create at the moment of inspiration. In other words, our friction-less, real-time deployment makes it possible to start working on projects immediately — anywhere in the world.
Our globally-distributed team works asynchronously to lead the React ecosystem and serve developers at large companies. We pride ourselves on our diversity, shared urgency to iterate, team-oriented decision making, and drive to dig deep.
About the Role:
Vercel is looking for Full Stack and Infrastructure Engineers (or someone who is a bit of both) to help us build a first-class internal developer experience! We will be working across Vercel’s codebase to remove friction from the engineering experience, encourage good design practices, and enable iterative improvements for our rapidly evolving products.
What You Will Do:
Members of the Internal Developer Experience team collaborate across engineering and with other disciplines to build a great developer experience. As a Vercel engineer you will be working with frontend, backend, and infrastructure engineers to create tooling, infrastructure, and automation solutions and then apply these solutions more broadly for an internal ecosystem that helps all engineers ship faster and better.
- Meeting with software development teams to identify workflows, pain points, and tooling opportunities.
- Designing software system architecture and implementing scalable web services, applications, and APIs.
- Improving automation.
- Developing and maintaining internal software tools.
- Writing low-level and high-level code.
- Troubleshooting and bug fixing.
- Working with monorepos.
- Identifying bottlenecks and improving software efficiency.
- Writing technical documents.
You should have advanced programming skills, excellent troubleshooting skills and curiosity. Your responsibilities will include system design, performance tuning, system integration, working with cloud services, and writing code. You thrive in dynamic environments and love sharing knowledge with others. You enjoy experimentation, iteration, new technologies and methods, and helping engineers deliver better products.
Bonus If You:
Experience with Node.js/React/Next.js/Turborepo is a plus. Experience with DevOps or distributed systems is a plus. Wanting to learn is a huge plus!
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style – 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow – we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO – 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.