Nav is democratizing small business financing by giving small business owners understanding and control. Here, you’ll gain a wealth of experience, learn the tricks of the trade, and work with curious, purpose-driven, dedicated, and inquisitively smart people who push themselves, our company and the community to the next level.
We are passionate about empowering our teams to create the kind of company where they would dream of working. We value candor, charge hard, fail fast, all while working in a fun, diverse, and inclusive environment. If you are a high-energy innovator, enjoy a rapid-paced growing environment, and have the zest to solve big challenges, join us.
- Lead a full stack engineering team of 3-8 individual contributors.
- Create a team environment where all members feel safe to be themselves and share their voices.
- Break big picture goals into achievable milestones and clear, actionable tickets. Drive the execution of that work.
- Ensure the team’s work embodies engineering rigor and complies with Nav engineering standards.
- Guide architectural decision-making on the team, and ensure architectural alignment with the rest of Nav engineering.
- Identify growth opportunities for each of your direct reports, co-create growth plans with them, and help execute those plans.
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders to continuously elevate the engineering department.
- Find the gaps in our organization and processes, and help us fill them.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have a proven track record of leading high performing teams and driving positive results.
- You have the engineering skills and fluency necessary to earn the respect of your team and contribute to solving complex technical problems.
- You have built solutions using at least some of our preferred technologies. (React, Apollo, Go, gRPC, Postgres, Kubernetes.)
- You are a relentless problem solver.
- You have experience with working in an agile framework and iterating to build sustainable and scalable solutions.
- You have experience managing professionals in a remote environment.
- You are eager to learn and adapt quickly to change.
- You are flexible and respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities; ability to work under tight deadlines and plan, organize and carry out multiple, detailed tasks.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias towards user-centric innovation.
- You are comfortable operating on both strategic and tactical levels, simultaneously acting as an internal ambassador, educator, analyst, solutions architect, and implementer.
INCLUSION AT NAV:
At Nav, we celebrate what makes our employees unique because the businesses we serve are progressively diverse and distinctly original. Navericks are diverse, side hustlers, immigrants, veterans, queer, and we push generational boundaries. We are college dropouts, PhDs, special needs parents, allies, pet owners and community leaders. Navericks are human. We are committed to upholding a safe, supportive environment where everyone matters. We are committed to making a better future for all of us. We have created a workplace where people of all backgrounds can express their identities authentically. We want you to be proud to be you.
OUR COMPENSATION PHILOSOPHY:
We believe great, enduring relationships are grounded in trust and transparency. Compensation shouldn’t be a distraction, and employees should understand how pay and career advancement decisions are made. Providing equal pay for equal work is table stakes for being a great place to work. Gender and ethnic inequity should only be something that our children read about in history books. We believe providing Navsters with company ownership, competitive pay, and a range of meaningful benefits is the start of creating a culture where people want to give the best they’ve got — not because they’re simply making money, but because they’ve fallen in love with our vision, mission, values, and team.
OUR IMPACT ON YOU:
Competitive Pay. Company Ownership. Unlimited Vacation. Benefits Day One. 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave. Work From Anywhere (yes we were distributed before it was cool). Flexible Work Arrangements. Free Telehealth and Telemental Health For All Employees. Employee Networking and Events. Community Network Groups (women’s, PRIDE, culture). Meaningful Perks and Rewards. Learning and Development Opportunities. Pet Insurance.
A Naverick’s DNA:
- We look at the future and say “why not”; we see possibilities where others see problems or routines. We show the way ahead and are committed to achieving ambitious goals.
- We practice straight talk and listen generously to each other with empathy. We value different opinions and point of views. We ensure that we connect outside as well as inside to learn from others and inspire each other.
- We hold ourselves accountable for delivering results. We choose to not to be a victim of circumstance. We make decisions & take responsibility so that we can act & support each other, rather than adopting defensive, and “finger pointing” behaviors.
As leaders we motivate & engage our teams to undertake beyond what they originally thought possible, by developing our teams & creating the conditions for people to grow and empower themselves through enabling & coaching.