We’re looking for a software engineering manager who is enthralled with the craft of management and leadership and are passionate about building high-performing teams to pursue a compelling mission. As a leader in our growing team you’ll have the opportunity to impact the future of not just your team but the company and our entire member base.
Who We Are
Alignable is North America’s largest small business network with over 6 million businesses in 30,000+ communities. Interacting with their local communities or nationally-recognized industry peers, our small business owners drive customer referrals, business opportunities, and helpful conversations on the Alignable business network.
Small businesses give our communities character– generating local jobs and supporting local causes. They’re the beating heart of the global economy representing 50% of GDP and 65% of all new jobs. Their owners are creators, risk-takers, and, always, problem-solvers. They’re under-resourced, yet undeterred. We want to give back to these small business owners.
Our mission is to support their ongoing success by providing recommended resources, highly-rated tools, and an engaged, supportive peer network – it’s a difference our members experience every day. Whether it’s hearing from a fellow business owner who’s overcome a similar problem, reading a credible opinion on a vendor, or sourcing great ideas to grow sales, Alignable members can count on each other for empathetic, pragmatic advice.
If you want to empower the small business owner through a social media network unlike any other, let’s talk.
Led by start-up veterans from Invisalign, Constant Contact, Vistaprint, and Audible, we know how to turn promising ideas into enduring businesses that transform the digital landscape. We’re eager to repeat this success.
Advocacy and Encouragement. They make our online communities great, but they also make Alignable a great place to work IRL. Our culture is dynamic, supportive and offers tremendous opportunities to grow your career together with the business. We offer autonomy, ownership, mentoring and flexibility. Every one of our employees and co-ops can directly point to how they’ve made a major impact on the business.
Alignable launched in 2014 and is venture-backed by Mayfield fund, Recruit Strategic Partners, Saturn Partners, NextView Ventures, Lead Edge Capital and KIC ventures.
What You’ll Do
Prioritize being a great people manager. Building, motivating, rewarding and coaching a diverse team of Software Developers is the most important part of this role. You will recruit and retain top talent and excel in day-to-day people and performance management tasks.
Contribute to architecture and design discussions. Lead your team to evolve our architecture with member delight, quality, robustness and scale as top priorities. You will regularly take part in deep-dive troubleshooting exercises and drive technical post-mortem discussions to identify the root cause of complex issues.
Contribute to strategy and roadmapping. Help your team sort out technical and product requirements and priorities. Use project management skills to deliver product roadmap items.
Understand and delight our members. You will attend member calls and dive deep with our customer success team to understand member challenges. Using this knowledge, you will drive your team’s delivery at the highest level, with the highest quality, and with the greatest positive impact on our small businesses.
About Our Stack
- Languages & DBs: Ruby 2.6 and Rails 5 with Postgres, Redis, Memcached w/ React on the frontend, Swift
- Testing: Rspec and Enzyme with continuous integration via CircleCI
- Deployment: AWS Alphabet soup
- Analytics Pipeline: Kinesis, Python, Pandas, Redshift
- Machine Learning: Pytorch, Tensorflow
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 5-7+ years of experience as a software developer in OOP, Java or C++
- 1-2+ years experience managing people and building teams
- Proficient oral and written communication, analytical, and problem solving skills
- A demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and work in a dynamic environment
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse, talented team
- Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
- Experience building and operating scalable software
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Experience designing, developing, and deploying enterprise solutions using Amazon Web Services
What We Offer
- Smart, supportive, fun co-workers
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacations
- Virtual working environment
- Payroll deduction for commuter rail and parking
- An opportunity to help millions of small business owners across the United States and Canada