Veho’s mission is to revolutionize the world of package delivery by creating exceptional experiences for customers and drivers.
For too long, parcel delivery companies have focused solely on efficiencies and cost management. Veho focuses on the end customer. As the first technology company of its kind, Veho replaces the old delivery trucks with a two-sided crowd-sourced platform and a network of hyper-local distribution centers. Veho is disrupting the logistics space through our technology. We put the customer at the center, replacing the old model of fleet vehicles doing package delivery. We partner with some of the most recognized consumer brands such as Warby Parker and Hello Fresh to provide an incredible experience with every delivery and give customers controls on how, when, and where their package is delivered.
Customers LOVE us. Despite growing at a record speed over the past two years, we maintain an incredibly high customer satisfaction rating of 4.9/5 stars and an unprecedented on-time delivery rate of 99.9% – far above every other company in the country.
In short, we are building the logistics platform of the future.
Veho is backed by former top executives and board members at Uber, FedEx, UPS, eBay, and Amazon; three former public company CEOs, and early investors in Lyft and Instacart. We are a team of leaders who are passionate about building an incredible company that will change the face of this industry.
About the Role
As a Software Development Manager, you will identify, hire and build a world-class team of Development Engineers to define, drive and execute on this vision. You will initiate processes that allow the team to collaborate with local as well as global teams with a high degree of efficiency. You will develop a team of highly motivated and talented individuals that can collaborate with Product Managers Technical Program Managers, and SDEs across the company on this high-impact initiatives. You will design, build and own mobile-first features and programs that will delight our India customers.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone who relishes autonomy, working with collaborative teams, and diverse technologies, to lead dev teams that are building creative technology solutions that positively impact our clients, our partners, and our company!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Leading and supporting the overall development life cycle of the solution and manage complex projects with significant bottom-line impact
- Working with product managers in developing a strategy and road map to provide compelling capabilities for a variety of product lines and platforms
- Working closely with senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development
- Instilling best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
- Navigating prioritization, planning of projects and features, Stakeholder management, and tracking of external commitments
- Translating business requirements into technical solutions, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- Monitoring the operational success of production services
- Collaborating on and participating in recruiting, hiring, and on-boarding strategies and processes
- Hands-on development focus about 25%-30% of the time
Skills and Experience You’ll Need to Have:
- 7+ years of Software Development experience
- 3+ years of experience in building and leading strong engineering teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
- Deep hands-on technical expertise in mobile and web-technologies
- Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
- Software development experience in building web services and highly scalable applications
- Successfully lead a team of 3+ engineers
- Proficient with server-side languages such as Python, Java, GoLang, Typescript, etc.
- Good experience with data structures and algorithms and knowledge of relational databases (NoSQL experience would be a nice add)
- Excellent communication skills to convey complex technical information effectively to internal and external/non-technical stakeholders.