Hi, I’m Sigrid, the VP of Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance at EnsoData! We’re excited to announce that we’re looking for a new teammate – a Software Quality Assurance Engineer passionate about making healthcare better. The mission for the Software Quality Assurance Engineer is to test and monitor the quality of EnsoData products as part of the Regulatory and Quality Assurance Team. The salary range for this position is $74,000 – $99,000 annually plus a number of paid time off benefits, stock options, insurances, and more.
On a given day, this could include:
- Test software-as-a-medical-device (SaMD) that is a cloud-based system with a browser interface.
- Develop and execute manual and automated test cases and procedures
- Communicate and collaborate with our product management and engineering teams to identify gaps and other risk areas for more testing
- Contribute expertise to cross-functional teams as a subject matter expert for testing processes to maintain product quality and regulatory compliance through software testing, issue tracking, documentation, and version control.
Our goal at EnsoData is to provide artificial intelligence powered software services that create cost and time savings for frontline clinicians, allowing them to spend more time with patients and less time with data, improving both patient and provider satisfaction and patient outcomes. Our first product, EnsoSleep, uses our machine learning engine with big data to save clinicians hundreds of hours per month by automating one of the most arduous and repetitive data annotation tasks in all of healthcare – sleep study scoring.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent applicable work experience, for example in biomedical engineering or computer science
- 3-5 years in a software testing and/or software quality assurance role
- Previous experience in medical devices or other regulated industry
- Previous experience at startup, tech, software engineering, or similar company is a bonus
- Expertise and direct experience with FDA QSR, ISO 13485:2016, ISO 62304/62366, EU MDR, and MDSAP a plus
- Scripting language (ex. Python, MATLAB) for writing automated tests a plus
- Experience with verification, validation, and usability test creation, execution, and management
- Experience working with remote and hybrid office/remote teams
- Knowledge of multi-browser testing issues and tools, multilingual testing strategies, and testing a cloud infrastructure
- Desire to build groundbreaking technologies to make healthcare more efficient, affordable, and effective
- Personal qualities of integrity, perseverance, and commitment to the mission
- Self-sufficient – excited about autonomy, fast learner
- Delights customers – comfortable working closely with customers and puts them first
- Passionate – possesses a strong desire to make healthcare better & intrinsically motivated
- Spreads good vibes – fun to work with, a great teammate
- Gets things done – bias toward action
- Doesn’t cut corners – integrity and attention to detail
- Shares knowledge – understands the value of good documentation and mentorship
2022 Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces (second year in a row!)
The benefits package includes, but is not limited to, the following:
Remote and flexible schedule – we offer the option to be 100% remote with support for flexible schedules! That being said, we do have an amazing office headquarters in downtown Madison, WI with views of the capitol that you are welcome to work at anytime. In case you didn’t know, Madison has consistently been ranked as one of the top places to live in the US (businessinsider.com, money.com, livability.com)!
Health, dental, and vision insurance with options to choose a plan that fits you and your dependents needs.
Unlimited vacation and sick time – we want our employees to rest, recharge, and feel better.
Stock options – we want team members to feel ownership in the organization. When EnsoData does well, you do well.
401k to help people invest in the future.
Team gatherings! A few times of year everyone travels to Madison, WI (or another determined destination) to gather in person and enjoy a few days together and participate in team events such as a volunteer activity. (Hint: check out our blog for info from former team gatherings!)
- Submit a resume online and our human resources and hiring manager will choose those that seem like the best candidates.
- We look forward to meeting you face-to-face! A few candidates will be chosen for a 30-minute video call to get to know each other, discuss your experience, and explain the position in more detail.
- Expect an opportunity to discuss or exhibit your skillset.
- The final candidate(s) will participate in a meet-the-team interview.
EnsoData seeks to recruit, hire, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you’re a great fit, but don’t necessarily check every box on the job description, please still get in touch.
To learn more about our ongoing commitment to diversity, check here.
Equal Employment Opportunity
EnsoData is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on any basis of race, color, national, social, or ethnic origin, gender, pregnancy, or childbirth, gender orientation, identity, or expression, sexual, relationship, or romantic orientation, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, family or parental status, age, past or present military service, physical, mental, or sensory disability, medical condition, genetic information, religion, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. EnsoData will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We value, celebrate, and support diversity, inclusion, and our differences. We are committed to providing a safe work environment and a company culture of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. We seek to recruit, hire, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, intersectional individuals, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. We have deep conviction that diversity and inclusion among our teams, our communities, and our physical and virtual workplaces is vital to the success of EnsoData’s mission to improve healthcare access, outcomes, and affordability for patients and communities everywhere globally.