Hi! We are Billie, the leading provider of “Buy Now, Pay Later” (BNPL) payment methods for businesses, offering B2B companies innovative digital payment services and modern checkout solutions. We are here to transform and upgrade the operating system of B2B Payments. Thus, we enable businesses to pay and get paid on their own terms, having the same frictionless and flexible experience as consumers are used to nowadays. To do so, our solutions are based on proprietary, machine-learning-supported risk models, fully digitized processes and a highly scalable tech platform. This makes us a deep-tech company building financial products, not the other way around. We love building simple and elegant solutions and we strive for automation and scalability. Our vision to create new freedom through innovation has attracted exciting strategic partners and highly experienced investors, making us join forces with Klarna and securing an outstanding $100 million Series C funding round nearly quadrupling our previous valuation. Our investors include VCs such as Dawn Capital, Creandum, Picus and SpeedInvest.
Join us to create the future of B2B payments!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As part of our client-facing Solution & Delivery team, you will be responsible for defining the solution space and developing the best integration method for our biggest and most important merchants (= our customers). You will join merchant calls pre-sales and be the technical counterpart to our Enterprise sales managers during the deal closing cycle as well as during and post-go-live. With a new potential lead, you will investigate their current technical and operational setup and draw different solution options as well as their pro’s and con’s (based on integration method, merchant use cases, merchant feature requirements, country setup, etc.). After a new merchant has decided on the integration setup, you will provide the best possible support to the merchant’s technical counter parties and be the interface to relevant departments within Billie (Product Development, Engineering, Sales and Operations).
Your main responsibilities:
- Define the solution space for our biggest and most complex new merchants in dedicated workshops and guide them towards the best possible integration method given their technical and operational setup and needs as well as Billie’s internal product and commercial roadmap
- Be the main technical point of contact for our merchants, effectively communicating technical complexities in “simple, digestible” terms to our merchants
- At the same time, effectively funnel back merchant feedback and product needs to our Billie product and engineering teams
- Consult merchants on how to streamline B2B processes and how Billie can increase their e-commerce revenues through Billie’s omni-channel payments offering
- Ensure a smooth merchant-Billie integration and high merchant satisfaction within integration period and after go-live
You will have the unique opportunity to set up a team for success in a highly competitive and thrilling new market (B2B BNPL!). You will have autonomy and full responsibility over processes and the sales strategy in Germany!
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 4+ years in API-based product solution experience; experience in the areas of eCommerce, shop systems, ERP systems or in the online payments industry is a big plus
- 4+ years experience with pre-sales, technical integrations, technical project management or technical product management
- Very familiar with modern, web-based technical systems – ideally you can “read” programming code (XML, JSON, HTML, REST APIs, Microservice Architecture)
- Great communication skills (within merchant pitches + internally feedback loop with product/engineering) & proactive mindset to drive commercial deals forward
- Great structuring & documentation skills (towards merchants and other parties)
- Fluency in both German and English
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Flexible work hours and trust in your ability to deliver, empowering you to take control of your work-life balance.
- Up to 6 weeks per year of “Workation”.
- One of the best Virtual Shares Incentive Programs in the market, so that everyone at Billie is invested in our success.
- Freedom to balance working from home and the office according to you and your team’s needs. No restrictions, only guidelines and a flexibility-first approach.
- Our “Catch a Ride with Billie” program gives you a big discount on the Monthly Public Transport pass in Berlin.
- A yearly development budget to broaden your skill set and horizons. We also offer free German group classes with your colleagues.
- An English-speaking, multicultural team with more than 46 nationalities from all continents represented in our staff.
- A one-time relocation bonus if you join us in Berlin.
- A great office space near Checkpoint Charlie with free gym access, healthy snacks and cereals, fruit, coffee, soda, and beer.
Billie offers you the opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest-growing Fintech startups in Europe following the mission to innovate to create new freedom for businesses of all sizes. Our combined decades of experience in B2B Financing and Payments in a market thirsty for innovation and change make this a fantastic possibility to get into the most dynamic space in tech.
Join an international team of talented, passionate people where drive and merit matter. We work in nimble, cross-functional teams with open communication lines across the company. You’ll be surrounded by smart people from a wide variety of backgrounds from which you can learn and that want to learn from you.
Are you ready to join Billie?