Platform.sh is a remote-first global workforce that began in France. Our founders are committed to a better way, and that common thread continues today in each of our staff. We’re inspired by a future where digital infrastructure is at once everywhere and invisible. Where innovation and collaboration can easily flow, without technical barriers.
We’re a collective of diverse backgrounds seated together, testing, innovating, challenging each other, and reflecting on new ways to improve digital experiences. We’re here to help our customers thrive.
Bring your experience to our team and help us build a better way.
The Customer Solutions team is looking for a Solutions Architect to help our customers be successful on Platform.sh by developing a great understanding of them and their workflows so we can find the best solution. This role reports directly to the Director, Customer Solutions.
The ideal candidate can be flexible in hours, but should have at least 5 hours overlap with the Central European Time Zone.
What you can expect to do on a daily basis
- Connecting customers technical and business needs to our product
- Analyzing customers technical needs to suggest consulting services and meet their requirements
- Working closely with sales teams to conduct product demos and technical workshops
- Getting up to speed with our new product features
What you bring
- A caring mindframe and an empathetic spirit. The ability to think from other perspectives is a tool we ask of all employees
- Experience in handling technical customer relations in the web industry and the ability to match customer expectations with product capacity
- Extensive knowledge of web development workflows and existing tools (git, CI tools)
- Knowledge of web application architecture and services (DNS, CDN, web servers, databases, cache layers, etc.) and distributed systems
- Fluent in English
Nice to have
- Public speaking experience
What we bring as a team
- We want to enable a long-term relationship with clients and Platform.sh, so we do not rush things with a prospect. Whenever possible we do not assume but confirm information and collect data before jumping to conclusions.
- We help each other out, may it be help on a project or covering for colleagues whenever possible. We share information by default with all internal teams and prefer to work in the open.
- We are the trusted advisors to our prospective clients. We come with a lot of knowledge but we are never afraid to say when we don’t know the answer (yet). Constant learning and improvement is our standard. It is our privilege to get to know new teams and technologies.
- We don’t oversell a feature if it doesn’t solve the clients problems. We don’t promise solutions where the product doesn’t have one. If we make mistakes, we own them and help find solutions.
This is a remote job. Work from anywhere!
We’re a worldwide, distributed team looking for the best talent. Our remote model has been in practice and thriving since 2014. To us, remote work means flexibility and having truly diverse, global teams.
As a side effect of teams being spread across time zones, you may have to tolerate occasional early morning meetings if you live in the Americas, or late night meetings if you live in an APAC country. We do our best to accommodate time zones but there are preferred hours for certain roles and teams. For this specific role, you need to occasionally join a late evening call to sync with the global team. While we have a team sync once a week (17:30 – 18:30 CET), outside of this late night work might happen only exceptionally.
Company perks and benefits
- Leadership that cares
- A global team rich with culture and diversity
- An open work environment where your voice is encouraged. We can always find ways to do better and look forward to hearing your ideas.
- A product you can believe in. We’re changing the way companies develop and manage their web applications
- Wellness stipend of $300 a year
- Professional development budget of $800
- Tandem – a pool of linguists from around the world willing to help each other work on learning new languages
- $3,000 office budget at hire (computer is mandatory but spend the rest on things that help you work, from headphones to a wifi extender) and a welcome kit of branded swag
- A yearly global gift exchange – get paired up with someone 3,000 miles or kilometers away and share a part of your home
- We’re voted as A Best Place to Work. 96% of employees think Platform.sh is a great place to work
- Company-wide DE&I initiative that you can be a part of
- Yearly, international, company-wide meetups (when we’re not experiencing a pandemic)
- Fair PTO based on your country’s standards
- Inclusive parental leave (timeline is country-dependent)
- Remote working/flexibility
- Healthcare, dental, and vision (US, CA, UK and FR staff only)
- Matched contributions to 401K/RRSP (US and Canada staff only)
- Extra compensation for on-call ops and support staff
- Company shares (discretionary)
- Unlimited Platform.sh accounts
- 6 months of individual coaching for all new managers
About our recruitment process
We don’t expect a great hire to meet every requirement we have listed. If you can see yourself elevating the team we want to hear about your story. Few of us would be here had we not taken a chance.
You can expect 3-4 interviews on Google Meet. During the hiring process you will talk to our HR team, members of the Solutions team and the Director of Customer Solutions. In some scenarios we’re able to streamline the process to have minimal rounds. Expect a higher number of rounds for director level roles and above.
Additionally, you can schedule coffee chats with potential future peers while you’re in the recruitment process to see if you can envision working together. Use interview and coffee time to make sure the company aligns with your best working environment.
All roles require background checks.
About our software
We are the most unified, secure, enterprise-grade platform for building, running and scaling fleets of websites and applications. Platform.sh is trusted by 5,000+ organizations globally to create the best digital experiences.