**Note that you don’t need to possess 100% of the qualities to be considered**
**Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ, and other under-represented groups are highly encouraged to apply**
About Jama Software:
Jama Software is passionate about maximizing innovation success. Numerous firsts for humanity in fields such as fuel cells, electrification, space, autonomous vehicles, surgical robotics, and more all rely on Jama Connect™ to minimize the risk of product failure, delays, cost overruns, compliance gaps, defects, and rework. Jama Connect™ uniquely crafts Living Requirements™ that form the digital thread through siloed development, test and risk activities to provide end-to-end compliance, risk mitigation, and process improvement. Our rapidly growing customer base of more than 12.5 million users across 30 countries spans the automotive, medical device, life sciences, semiconductor, aerospace & defense, industrial manufacturing, financial services, and insurance industries.
The Solutions Architect (SA) is responsible for technically supporting company products and services in an industry. The SA works closely with the Account Executives, Account Managers, SDRs, partners, consulting team, technical support, and various corporate key contributors. At this level, the SA understands the complexity of problems facing enterprise level customers, uses tools as well as personal credibility that will result in the sale and ongoing adoption of Jama Software.
In this role, you will:
- Provides prospective customers with assistance in evaluating Jama software solutions and collaborates with Jama Sales team to facilitate post-sales opportunities for upsell within existing accounts and expansion to new business units
- Works with prospects and growing customers to discover and capture functional, security, process and system requirements
- Credibly describes and demonstrates how our solutions satisfy their stated challenges within their product development process.
- Develops industry and customer specific solution demonstrations
- Assists customers with growth and migration planning
- Provides technical overview of our product architecture, functionality, system / data requirements, and integration with other enterprise applications
- Acts as a liaison to product, marketing, and engineering in presenting customer requirements
- Researches competitors, stays current on the competitive landscape, works with the product marketing group to capture and document competitor’s capabilities
- Stays current with industry trends
- Delivers product, technical, and security related responses on RFPs/RFIs
- Staffs and participates in regional and industry-specific Tradeshows
- Assists fellow SAs and internal partners as needed in other territories and global regions
- Pre-sales or solutions engineering experience in enterprise SaaS sales
- Familiar with Agile, Lean, Kanban, SAFe and other product engineering and delivery methodologies required
- 3+ years’ experience with sales methodology and pipeline management
- Analytical problem solver with strong verbal and written communications.
- Ability to focus on needs analysis, positioning, business justification, and closing techniques
- Must be willing to travel up to 50%
What you need to bring:
- Experience with Requirements Engineering, Application Lifecycle Management, or Product Lifecycle Management products preferred
- Engineering approach with a strong technical aptitude
- Strong listening skills with a positive attitude and an ability to engage with customer’s business and technical staff
- Excellent listener who understands and relates to highly sophisticated customer challenges and business problems. Leverages’ examples and success stories for how Jama has solved similar challenges, leading to positive outcomes.
- Prior industry knowledge and the ability to adapt quickly to changing environments
- Desire and ability to collaborate as part of a team
- Ability to discuss and demonstrate how Jama’s requirements management and product delivery solutions focusing on value drivers
- Ability to orchestrate a sales cycle which requires involvement of multiple resources
- Captures & analyzes intelligence about the market, identifying trends about key prospects
- Innovator who can build new solutions using out-of-the-box thinking.
- Uses reference stories and industry standard methodologies to show how Jama can improve operational results and a build a case for business transformation
- Models tenacious behavior in the face of obstacles and achieves positive outcomes
- Intelligently handles time and territory to improve business results
- Demonstrates strong negotiation and presentation skills to sell into highly sophisticated and politically charged organizations
Benefits and Other:
If we’ve intrigued you and you are the right candidate for the role, we will offer:
- Ambitious and fun work with a chance to define distinct, company-shaping tangible contributions
- An energized and results-oriented Product leadership team
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental and vision plans as well as pre-tax savings accounts as well as a generous 401(k) employer match
- Time-off and leave programs crafted to meet critical needs for rejuvenation and, when needed, extra support to cope with life events
Jama Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or that of his/her relatives, friends or associates or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.