We’ve been growing rapidly since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, and after recently closing our Series B funding round, are now in hyper-growth. Our teams are diverse, fully distributed, and with no offices – we are looking for team members who are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.
For this position, we are looking for candidates located in the United States or Canada.
What You’ll Do
Our Frontend software implementations can be complex. As a Solutions Architect, you’re the client-facing lead engineer for agency and customer developers. Using your React experience, you’ll guide architectural decisions and provide solutions to clients, and gather feedback to influence our product roadmap and build best practices. Essentially, you’re the conduit between our internal engineering teams and external engineering teams implementing our software. You’ll oversee a team of supporting engineers who will assist in testing and documenting advised solutions. You’ll also advocate for our customers in a strategic and influential way.
- Ensure the technical success of our customers and agency partners during implementations
- Lead and mentor a team of Solutions Support Engineers, who will be working to implement and document client solutions
- Use your coding knowledge to advise on or resolve any escalated technical errors
- Determine the feasibility of implementation requests and test potential integrations with the Shogun Frontend software
- Collaborate with Agency Partner Managers to evaluate and approve new agency partners based on technical prowess
- Facilitate the creation of technical documentation for agencies and customers, and participate in trainings and demonstrations
- Provide customer and agency developer feedback to our internal engineering and product teams to improve our products and the implementation process
- Ignite excitement around Shogun’s Frontend product by building a developer network and engaging with external communities
What You’ll Bring
Need to have
- 4+ years of experience in the design, coding and implementation of web applications, preferably at a SaaS software product company
- Expertise in React.js, Next.js and CSS (Required)
- Experience with architectural design (Required)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain complex concepts simply
- Passion for using your engineering skills to partner with and enhance the agency and customer developer experience
Nice to Have
- Experience leading a team of developers
- Experience completing complex eCommerce builds or integrations
- Previous experience working in a startup and/or fast-paced organization.
- Some experience with a backend framework like Ruby on Rails (not required)