Hi, I’m James Walsh, Director of Solutions at Customer.io!
We’re looking for someone to join our EMEA team who is passionate about problem-solving and enjoys talking to prospective customers. This role will be a fundamental part of our solutions team. You will be responsible for bridging the technical gap between qualified prospects’ needs and our business.
As a Solutions Architect, you will be solely focused on supporting our sales team in closing premium deals while simultaneously ensuring Leads are confident in their buying decision to make the switch to Customer.io. You’ll work directly with our Account Executives and Sales Enablement Team as a technical and product expert. You will be on the frontline, answering technical questions and delivering custom solutions for integrations and core use cases. Advocating for qualified Leads and ensuring the best path for success will be your responsibility.
To get there, you’ll need a deep understanding of the customer’s concerns, pain points, and desires. The team will rely on you for your strategic and empathetic guidance throughout the sales process. The responsibilities of this role are essential for acquiring new premium customers and building confidence in our solution.
Some things you’ll do…
- Assist our team of Account Executives with technical pre-sales calls, emails, and thought leadership
- Build and document proofs of concepts in the Customer.io platform for complex use cases
- Articulate and present your ideas and recommendations to prospective customers evaluating Customer.io through written and video formats
- Work with the Customer Success team to ensure a smooth transition (on behalf of the customer) from pre to post-sale
- Contribute to improvements of the Sales-owned demo account(s) to suit the sales teams’ current strategic objectives
- Creating collateral, documentation, and other technical sales materials as needed
- 75% of your time will be spent working on deals
- 25% of your time spent will be creating collateral and documentation for the team
We’re looking for someone with…
- The availability to support normal working hours (around 8 am to 5 pm) within the UTC+1 time zone, or Central European Time.
- Can communicate technical ideas to both technical and non-technical prospects (verbal and written format)
- Exceptional storytelling skills
- Initiative to research, plan, and execute projects from start to completion
- Strategic decision-making ability that is thoughtful and empathetic
- Understanding of sales processes and awareness of sales strategy
- Experience working for a SaaS company or with a marketing automation platform
- A firm grasp on Computer Science principles
- Understanding of noSQL data structures and RESTful applications
- Experience working with templating languages like Liquid, Handlebars, or Jinja
- 2+ years of experience as a Solutions Architect or Sales Engineer
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 7,100 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track the performance of emails, SMS, push notifications, and in-app messages. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting salary of $90,000 USD (or equivalent in local currency) depending on experience and subject to market rate adjustment.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- Unlimited PTO – we encourage at least 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 16 weeks paid parental leave (including adoption and foster care)
- 100% paid insurance premiums for you and your dependents
- 401k retirement matching – up to 5% dollar-for-dollar match to retirement contributions
- $1,500 annual healthy lifestyle budget (for gym memberships, classes, fitness equipment)
- $250/monthly Remote Work Stipend to be used for home internet, cell phone, and other miscellaneous remote work costs
- $300/month co-working space rental reimbursement
- $2,000/yearly professional education budget for conferences, courses, workshops, books, etc.
- $1,500 home office budget to make sure your working space is ergonomic and just what you need to do your best work!
- One month sabbatical after five years at Customer.io
- We also have opportunities to meet in person with your peers throughout the year
All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check and employment verifications as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
How to apply
Apply at the link below and tell us why you’re interested in the position! We plan to respond to all applicants with a status update about your application.
Here’s what you can expect from our hiring process:
- Recruiter Screen – 30 minutes
- Hiring Manager Interview – 60 minutes
- Take Home Assignment (1 week)
- Mock Call – 60 minutes w/ Solutions Architect Team