At Gainsight, our mission is to be living proof you can win in business while being human first.
Our industry-leading platform helps companies of all sizes and industries achieve durable growth through customer-led growth strategies (Gainsight CS), product-led growth strategies (Gainsight PX), and community-led growth strategies (inSided). With Gainsight, it’s never been easier for customer success, product, and community engagement teams to scale efficiently, create alignment, and have a holistic view of their customers—all of which help increase product adoption, prevent churn, and grow customer communities. Our software is used by hundreds of companies, including nearly 200 publicly traded organizations and industry leaders such as GE Digital, SAP Concur, and Box.
Gainsight joined the Vista Equity Partners portfolio in 2020. In 2021, we won their Excellence in Engineering award in recognition for our product and engineering advancements.
A remote-friendly company, we have offices in the US, UK, Netherlands, Israel, and India. Gainsight was certified as a Great Place to Work in 2021. It has also been named as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes, one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, and one of 20 Great Workplaces in Tech by Fortune Magazine.
With diversity and inclusion at the forefront of our core values, we promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age.
As a Solutions Consultant at Gainsight, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest people in Customer Success. In this role, you’ll partner with Sales to identify prospective customer’s business challenges and map their organizational needs to the capabilities of Gainsight’s industry leading platform.
What You’ll Do
- Contribute to the detailed qualification of opportunities, formulation of sales strategies and technical approaches and plans. Ensure prospect/client satisfaction with all project deliverables.
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Professional Services, Marketing, and Product Management to develop relevant use cases for prospective customers.
- Articulate the value of Customer Success and the Gainsight Platform to prospects and customers, either onsite or via web-conference.
- Conduct business and technical discovery to uncover requirements that need to be addressed via presentations and demonstrations.
- Assist in the creation of technical account configuration documentation and technical statements of work. Prepare and provide client-facing technical follow-up calls and documentation.
- Participate in weekly Solution Consulting and Product Management meetings to stay up to date on current technical concepts and future product enhancements. Attend all company provided Solution Consulting enablement sessions.
- Develop industry-related thought leadership while demonstrating technical expertise during the sales cycle.
- Create solution presentation storyboards and configure solutions environments that tell a story and are anchored in the value-based selling approach.
- Respond to technical questions received via RFP and or RFI in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Meet or exceed quarterly management objectives and revenue targets.
What We’re Looking For
- Minimum of 2 years experience in software consulting, pre-sales consulting, product management, or customer success
- This role could be based in Germany or living in the UK. You will need to have professional proficiency in German
- Experience in customer success management, account management, professional or renewal services.
- Possess excellent client-facing skills and experience in dealing with client and technical teams as well as experience in presenting to C-level executives.
- Ability to work autonomously while being effective within a highly driven organization.
- Solid oral, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to present technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work as part of a team to solve technical problems in varied departmental environments.
- Intrinsically motivated with a strong work plan and self-development skills.
- Once safe, the ability to travel.
- Knowledge of relational database concepts including specific knowledge of one of the following (MongoDB, RedShift) including expertise in SQL.
- Knowledge of Salesforce or Gainsight architecture and data model, including integration methods such as REST APIs and ETL tools
- Knowledge of distributed computing and SaaS security concepts.
- Analysis and design skills of moderate complexity
- Experience scoping, managing, and executing customer pilots and Proof of Concepts.
- Experience with Web Services development.
At Gainsight, we don’t believe in doing things as a “means to an end.” Life’s too short to have anything short of a joyful work environment that we passionately believe in. We think that “work vs. life” is a false choice created by pundits, cynics and consultants. We also believe that any community (like a company) needs a ton of diversity and a very small number of things that bring us together.
Here are Our 5 Values
- Golden Rule: We try to practice the Golden Rule (“Do unto others…” and that sort of thing) by exercising reliability, trust and giving back to each other and our community.
- Success for All: We believe that success for our stakeholders—whether our teammates, clients or shareholders—comes with a sincere focus on continuous learning, selfless teaching and making a difference in each other’s lives.
- Child-like Joy: We aspire to experience child-like joy in our work and lives, injecting a spirit of passion, optimism and laughter into everything that we do.
- Shoshin: We believe in a beginner’s mind. Don’t surround yourself with people like you–diversity breeds creativity.
- Stay Thirsty, My Friends: We believe in a totally internally-driven strive for greatness. The solution is think more, not doing more.
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Our Attitude: We’ve created a new industry from scratch, and we’re on the fast track!
- Our Leadership: We offer the leading tech solution for driving Customer Success.
- Our ROI: Reduce customer churn, increase up-sell, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Our Technology: Deep Salesforce.com hooks, predictive analytics, and a beautiful user interface.
- Our Impact: We help our customers make millions of dollars more per year.
- Our Clients: Big companies like Box, Adobe, Marketo, and many others.
- Our Team: Tech all-stars from Facebook, Box, and others (and top consulting firms like BCG and McKinsey!).
- Our Values: They are unique – Golden Rule, Success for All, Child-like Joy, Shoshin, and Stay Thirsty, My Friends.
- Our Office: If you showed up one day, you might find anything from karaoke performances to mini-golf championships.
Gainsight is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.