Hi, I’m Chris, VP of Sales here at Customer.io.
We’re looking for a motivated, experienced and successful Sr. Account Executive, EMEA to join our growing sales team at Customer.io to support our next stage of growth. As a Sr. Account Executive at Customer.io, you’ll represent Customer.io to our largest prospective customers.
This is a full-cycle sales role (prospect, demo, close). In addition to sourcing opportunities (with support of a dedicated Sr. SDR), you’ll be fielding qualified inbound demand that comes through marketing activity.
We have a fantastic supportive Customer Success team that you’ll be handing customers off to and a wonderful Technical Support team that helps support our customers with their intricate technical questions and problems, so you’re joining a company and team that is well-equipped to support our customers.
Some things you’ll do…
- Take over qualified leads from our outbound and inbound sales teams; run discovery calls (qualifying through MEDDIC) and full sale-cycle to close customers.
- Work closely with a dedicated Sr. SDR, reviewing account targeting, sales strategy, and prospecting progress to assist in scheduling new meetings with key brands within our ICP.
- Schedule and perform online demos with qualified prospects.
- Uncover key business needs and problems, match Customer.io’s solutions and features
- Own your key numbers! Report present and past sales, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenue, and administrative commitments for management.
- Fill your pipeline through self-sourcing as needed in order to have an adequate path to quota attainment.
- Explain and demonstrate features and merits of our products and services through value based selling.
- Top performer for 3-5 years in a Senior Account Executive role (or similar), within the B2B Saas environment.
- Special consideration may be given to candidates with experience selling Marketing Technology products.
- Proven track record of quota and goal achievement.
- Familiarity with MEDDPICC or a similar sales framework.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must, as well as a professional and engaging phone presence.
- Ability to identify customer business needs in order to recommend relevant solutions
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- You’re a creative problem solver who can understand the customer problem and find the best solution regardless of what the customer is asking for
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 5,800 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of emails, SMS, push notifications, and in-app messages. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting salary of $110,000 USD + Commission (or equivalent in local currency) depending on experience and subject to market rate adjustment.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- Unlimited PTO – we encourage 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 16 weeks paid parental leave – for birth, adoption, or foster care
- 401k retirement matching – up to 5% dollar for dollar match to retirement contributions
- Health and wellness allowance – Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend – Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement – Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement – Up to $300 USD per month for those times you’d prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development – Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops – anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io – to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- Opportunities to meet in-person with your peers throughout the year
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! – as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete an employment and education verification authorization form (which allows us to verify your job history and education listed on your resume) as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact!
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
How to apply
Apply at the link below and tell us why you’re interested in the position! We plan to respond to all applicants with a status update about your application.
Here’s what you can expect from our hiring process:
- 30 minute video call with a Recruiter
- 45 minute video call with the Hiring Manager
- 45 minute Mock Discovery Call with the Hiring Team