Plex is looking for a self-motivated and experienced analyst with proven ability to translate data into insights and action. You’re curious and thrive on figuring out complex problems. You love diving into data and using tools like Big Query, Looker and Data studio to explore, analyze and model. You are creative, flexible and able to work effectively across time zones in a distributed work environment.
What you’ll do
- Deliver data-driven insights, recommendations, and analysis with a focus on content engagement and how it affects user acquisition and retention.
- Understanding cost and licensing to project profitability at content and partner level.
- Identifying and predicting genre and title assortment to maximize user engagement and acquisition.
- Working closely with engineering and product to improve recommendation engines and other personalization in app and email.
- Developing the reports and dashboards to support and communicate the analysis.
- Producing ad-hoc deep-dive analysis either to increase understanding, or to support other projects and team members.
- Work closely with the Head of Content to optimize content discovery through hubs, promotional placements and other product mechanisms.
- Work with external partners to share performance insights and results of analysis on a regular basis.
- Able to use available tools and data in creative ways to fill gaps and find workable solutions.
What you bring to the table
- You have 5+ years of experience in Business Intelligence, Analytics, or Data Science, and are a passionate media consumer.
- Experience with statistical programming (e.g., R, Python, etc.) and database/SQL (e.g., Google Big query).
- Experience creating dashboards and data sources with tools such as Looker, Tableau, Google Data Studio etc.
- You have experience developing complex SQL queries to pull insights from multiple data sources – preferably using Google BigQuery.
- You’re self-motivated and able to work well in a distributed work environment.
- You have excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- You bring a deep understanding of the motivations that drive media consumption.
- You are super-passionate and knowledgeable about movies and TV.
- You are opinionated about the metrics and data that matters for a growing ad-supported business, and how analytics tools are implemented to deliver the most actionable information – yet are open to teaching and learning from all those around you.
Who we are
Plex is a global streaming media platform that gives millions of customers around the world the freedom to enjoy all the content they love in one simple, beautiful app. Our vision is to empower real human connections by bringing people and entertainment together. So, we’re on a mission to create a global community for streaming content that people can depend on to easily discover, experience, and share all of the entertainment that matters to them.
What sets us apart
- We are the largest independent streaming platform built by a global team of employees who are fanatically passionate about delivering the highest quality, most unified, and user-friendliest entertainment experience possible.
- We have always been a distributed organization, with people making great things happen in nearly 20 different countries and 11 time zones.
- We host epic in-person off-sites to bring team members together a few times a year.
- We are passionate about our mission and we work hard, while still providing flexibility around a schedule that works for you.
- We love what we’re building and our user community is an integral part of our development process. We actively engage with customers to understand what is working, what they want more of, and how we can be better.
- We are committed to improving the communities where we live and work with charitable contributions, partnerships, and service.
- Plex hires new team members in countries around the world.
- As such, Plex does not sponsor employment visas.
- All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our hiring team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
- Also, please note, though we largely work asynchronously, as it relates to meetings, those generally occur between UTC 1600 to UTC 1900
The Plex Values
- Be kind, humble, and helpful.
- Approach problems with curiosity, creativity, and flexibility.
- Put yourself on the customer’s couch.
- Be a good steward. Like a boss!
- Build relationships to ensure healthy debate.
- Foster a global and diverse team spirit.
- Show gratitude and give back.
- Seek balance for yourself and Plex.
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Flexible paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Hardware stipend
- Flextime, work from anywhere
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical/dental/vision) (US employees)
- Stock options
- 401k (US employees)
- Plex for the Planet community service opportunities
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
- At Plex, we get our people together at least twice a year to help forge connections and build deeper relationships all while having an awesome time. As such, Plex has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, subject to legally required disability or religious accommodations, for all in person events. Please note, these events are optional.
Does this sound interesting? We’re looking for a Sr. Analyst Growth Marketing & Engagement who is ready to join us to have a material impact in Plex’s growth and success!
Plex is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.