Moz is seeking a professional BI analyst with interest in driving performance through analytical insight. This role will work directly with internal Moz stakeholders (e.g., marketing, finance, and operations) to help surface the information they need to make decisions, while uncovering deep insights to drive real business impact.
Diversity & Inclusivity. Moz is committed to building diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected. We work to help close the gender gap in tech, and to actively recruit people from other underrepresented groups. We strongly encourage women, gender diverse people, and minority candidates to apply for this role.
Please note that at this time we are unable to provide visa sponsorship for candidates in the USA.
What You’ll Do
- Analyze and visualize data to inform and assist stakeholders.
- Work with Python, SQL, various visualization engines, and Amazon Web Services.
- Collaborate with other team members to build and optimize our data lake, data warehouse, and ETL tech stack.
- Offer strategic guidance to peers and business teams on how to best leverage our data.
- Present findings among peers and stakeholders. Socialize projects and results that help inform Moz and guide the business.
- Talk directly to stakeholders and management about problems relevant to the business. Work together with other team members on making incremental improvements.
- Implement production processes in cloud architectures with a high degree of automation.
Experience We Want to See
- You’re an excellent communicator, used to distilling complex technical topics down to actionable insights to advise stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- You have demonstrated experience with data and statistics. This includes applying relevant data analysis to inform and potentially guide projects where the goals are potentially unclear and the risks are unknown.
- You work in a collaborative team environment. This includes mentoring, teaching, asking and answering questions, and communicating with your colleagues.
- You know how to code in Python. You’ve written production level code which your peers have reviewed and approved of.
- You know data – structured and unstructured. It may have been difficult to access, challenging to load and parse, but if it’s recorded, you’ve had to dig it out.
- You know how to work with cloud technologies. You’re able to talk about systems which scale beyond your local computer and think through design patterns for distributed systems.
- You’re proficient in SQL—you are able to write advanced and efficient queries while working with terabyte sized datasets.
- Experience with at least one major relational database is required (Oracle, MySQL, Redshift, etc.).
- Massively Parallel Processing database experience is a plus.
- You have proven analytical and quantitative ability and a passion for enabling customers to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses.
- You’re able to lead projects with multiple stakeholders
- You’re experienced reviewing others’ work, offering feedback, and instilling best practices.
- You’re a data manipulator—you have extracted, transformed, and loaded a variety of data across multiple systems.
- You work to build your skill set through continuous learning
Nice to Have
- Experience with a software as a service business
- R programming skills
- AWS certifications / experience
- Familiarity with Search Engine Optimization
- Experience with containerized applications and environments
Moz is the most trusted authority in online search with powerful SEO and Local Search platforms to help marketers improve the position of their brands, business locations and competitive rank in search results. Moz’s platforms are powered by world class-quality data, both robust and fresh enough to serve as the foundation upon which crucial business decisions are made. For both large enterprises looking to gain an edge in the increasingly complex and ever-changing world of search or an agency seeking an SEO platform to accelerate client growth, Moz has a solution. Check it out at www.moz.com.
Some reasons why you’d want to work with us:
- You want to play a big part in a small but profitable company who are industry leaders.
- You do your best in a setting where excellent work is what’s valued—not face time (a good work-life balance is just how we do things!)
- You value authenticity and a work environment that values who you are and what you can do.
- You’re looking for a big challenge that involves lots of variety, collaboration, inventiveness, and on your toes thinking.
- You want to work alongside people who are passionate, friendly, and helpful.
Our benefits include:
- A strong commitment to work-life balance. We provide a US$3,000 per calendar year vacation expense reimbursement for all employees as well as monthly home internet access and cell phone stipends.
- Employer match contributions on retirement plans.
- Generous paid time off and flexible work from home policies.
- Personal career development including 10 face to face career coaching sessions a year.
- 100% match on charitable contributions up to $5,000/year.
- Generous paid parental, medical and family leave policies to support you during major life events.