Moz is hiring a Senior BI Analyst to add to our analytics capabilities. In this role you will help us transform our data and reporting into a self-service, automated resource used to manage Moz’s SaaS business. You will work closely with stakeholders throughout the organization to ensure they have the data and insights they need to confidently make decisions in their area of the business. You’ll work collaboratively on a team with other analysts and data scientists and as a senior member of the team, will help move the team’s abilities forward.
This role is an opportunity to:
- Partner closely with stakeholders in all areas of the company including marketing, sales, product, and engineering. You’ll collaborate with them to advise appropriate approaches and trade-offs to ensure they have the data they need when they need it.
- Lead large analytics projects, such as efforts to segment customers, product product analytics to understand usage of our tools, build models to predict likelihood of customer retention, and more. This team has an exciting roadmap of impactful analysis work ahead!
- Mentor other analysts on technical approaches that will best meet stakeholder needs.
We are an office optional company. This position can be fully remote from anywhere within the USA or Canada. We’re also open to having folks be based out of our Seattle, WA or Vancouver, BC offices.
Diversity & Inclusivity: Moz is committed to building diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected. It’s our mission and promise to interview a diverse and representative slate of candidates before making an offer for our open roles.
What You’ll Do
- Offer strategic guidance to peers and business teams on how to best leverage our data.
- Present findings among peers and stakeholders. Socialize projects and results that help inform Moz and guide the business.
- Talk directly to stakeholders and management about problems relevant to the business. Work together with other team members on making incremental improvements.
- Implement production processes in cloud architectures with a high degree of automation.
- Analyze and visualize data to inform and assist stakeholders.
- Work with Python, SQL, various visualization engines, and Amazon Web Services.
- Collaborate with other team members to build and optimize our data lake, data warehouse, and ETL tech stack.
Experience We Want to See
- You’re very experienced in SQL—you are able to write advanced and efficient queries while working with terabyte sized datasets. Experience with a major relational database is required (Oracle, MySQL, Redshift, etc.)
- You know how to code in Python. You’ve written production level code which your peers have reviewed and approved of in a data analytics context (automation of data transformation, data analysis, etc.)
- You’ve led data analytics projects that took months to execute and with multiple stakeholders. You’re comfortable acting as the project lead, working with stakeholders, defining the work, executing the project, directing others to contribute, etc.
- You’ve mentored, led, or had a significant role in teaching other analysts. You know that as a senior member of the team, your ability to up-skills others around you is important.
- You’ve worked as a data analyst for a software product or Saas business previously. You have experience with product analytics in particular.
Nice to Have
- Experience with A/B Testing
- Experience with containerized applications and environments (AWS ECS preferred)
- R programming skills
- Familiarity with Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Moz is the most trusted authority in online search with powerful SEO and Local Search platforms to help marketers improve the position of their brands, business locations and competitive rank in search results. Moz’s platforms are powered by world class-quality data, both robust and fresh enough to serve as the foundation upon which crucial business decisions are made.
Some reasons why you’d want to work with us:
- You want to play a big part in a small but profitable company who are industry leaders.
- You do your best in a setting where excellent work is what’s valued—not face time (a good work-life balance is just how we do things!)
- You value authenticity and a work environment that values who you are and what you can do.
- You’re looking for a big challenge that involves lots of variety, collaboration, inventiveness, and on your toes thinking.
- You want to work alongside people who are passionate, friendly, and helpful.
Our benefits include:
- A strong commitment to work-life balance. We’re big believers in vacations and provide a US$3,000 per calendar year vacation expense reimbursement for all employees.
- Employer match contributions on retirement plans.
- Personal career development including 10 face to face career coaching sessions a year.
- 100% match on charitable contributions up to $5,000/year.