Tackle enables software companies to accelerate and operationalize the use of Cloud Marketplaces from AWS, Microsoft, Google Cloud, and Red Hat, without the need for significant engineering resources. Our platform and our team come together to make it easier for our customers to build, grow, and scale their Marketplace businesses. Tackle works with leading software companies like Auth0, CrowdStrike, HashiCorp, Lacework, New Relic, Snyk, VMware, and many more at every stage—from startups to enterprise. We recently raised a $100M Series C round and are backed by three of the world’s top SaaS investors—Coatue, a16z, and Bessemer Venture Partners—as we continue to execute on our mission to positively transform the way that software is sold.
The Sr. Director, Strategic Services will establish and grow a global service delivery organization, and provide senior leadership, strategy, and responsibility over this key function of the Customer Experience organization.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background building and leading professional services organizations, practice building and management, customer education, P&L responsibility, and will be comfortable operating in a fast-paced, results-oriented growth environment.
The Sr. Director, Strategic Services will thrive in being part of a collaborative team that values open, honest, and direct communication. A champion of predictability and assurance, this individual can also bring the vision and entrepreneurialism needed to enable the company’s continued accelerated growth and scale.
In This Role You Will:
- Lead, organize, direct, and manage the Strategic Services organization with responsibility for revenue targets, customer satisfaction, delivery quality, profitability, and time-to-value
- Implement an appropriate system of metrics, tools, and processes to drive productivity and accountability across the organization
- Accelerate ARR activation
- Advance the business effectiveness of Strategic Services through leadership and solution delivery expertise, in partnership with relevant business leaders
- Provide project portfolio oversight to ensure on-time, on-budget, and quality service delivery
- Enable and support sales leadership in every aspect of solutions that include strategic services
- Create and market strategic services packages and solution offerings
- Facilitate executive discussions regarding budgets, resources, schedules, and risks
- Mentor and develop management and team focusing on driving team to achieve their potential
- Coach and lead managers to find and develop great talent while actively holding a high bar on performance and accountability
- Oversee all aspects of resource planning and delivery management including staffing, training, sales interface, and funnel/capacity planning, effective backlog management, risk management, change management, revenue and profitability forecasting with the finance department
- Create and drive a results-focused, customer-centric team culture
- Actively drive and/or partner with other leaders to solve priority customer challenges
- Remotely manage geographically dispersed teams of FTEs and On-Demand talent
You Should Have:
- 10+ years professional services software experience
- Track record in growing service revenues that support ARR growth, while continuing to improve operational excellence and managing a full P&L
- Excellent strategy development and problem-solving skills as well as business development focus and experience, while possessing a broad level of technology understanding and substantial operational and financial acumen
- Experience driving strong services revenue growth and profitability at scale
- Experience in M&A activity and integration of companies in terms of project management, metrics, and driving financial outcomes
- Proven track record of close collaboration selling and managing large scale, services / projects
- Experience preferred in areas of Cloud GTM, Sales Transformation, and/or Strategic Partner and Delivery Ecosystems
- A motivational leader with people management skills including proven hiring, mentoring, change management, engagement, and team development
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Strong business acumen and financial background
- Excellent oral (presentation skills) and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills a must
- Strong initiative is a key success factor for this role
- Process oriented
- Result driven DNA
- Sense of urgency, and ability to anticipate challenges before they arise
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Collaborative at all levels of the organization
- Able to work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving clarity and comprehensive solutions
Full-time employees currently enjoy these amazing perks and benefits:
· Work remotely from anywhere within the US & Canada
· Competitive salary
· Health, dental and vision coverage
· Company off-site summits
· Monthly wellness reimbursement
· Internet and phone reimbursement
· $1000 home ergo/office set up
· Generous vacation plan & flexible work hours
· 401k + matching
· Technology tools to do your best work
· Company surprises and swag
· Awesome co-workers
Start with the customer – We succeed when our customers succeed. That’s why every role at Tackle leads to the customer. We exist to support, guide, and empower our customers.
Explore and experiment – We are curious and creative at work, always looking for innovative ways to improve. We continuously iterate and push the boundaries of what’s possible. Tackle is a safe place to try new things.
Learn and grow as a team – We seek and share knowledge across Tackle. We actively connect and collaborate with others. We welcome different perspectives and invite healthy debate.
Celebrate wellness – We value work-life harmony and personal well being. We share and appreciate stories of wellness every day. We are remote by design, so all Tacklers have the freedom to be their best selves.
Tackle together – We work openly and transparently at Tackle. We are caring, empathetic, and kind. Every Tackler plays a part in our welcoming, inclusive culture.
The Hiring Process:
We have a transparent and streamlined hiring process that can typically be completed in one to two weeks:
• Phone screen
• 3 additional video chat interviews (on occasion there may be opportunities for in-person interviews)
• Some positions may require a take home test (this will be communicated to the candidate)
We are a welcoming, diverse team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. We were born and built remote and welcome others who believe remote companies are the way companies will be built into the future. At this time, we can only accept applicants who reside within the United States and Canada.
Tackle.io is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Tackle makes hiring decisions solely based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time. We hope to empower and support every individual and celebrate the diverse cultures, perspectives and experiences in our teams. Our Equal Opportunity policy applies to all employment practices within Tackle.