Mitsubishi Electric Power Products (MEPPI) serves the North American power systems, rail transportation, and large visual display markets with electrical and electronic products, systems, and services.<h3 “=”” Position Summary
MEPPI’s Critical Power Solutions Division (CPSD) is looking for a Sr. Electrical Design Engineer to perform engineering and project management activities for design development, application, customer order design, manufacture, assembly, test, installation, and servicing of Uninterruptible Power Supply products.
- Develop CPSD products designed for local manufacture. Lead design improvements and cost reduction initiatives for existing UPSD products.
- Develop and design U.S. components to replace imported components where beneficial to overall CPSD products quality and cost.
- Review order documents to ensure MEPPI meets the technical requirements of the contract, including exceptions, clarifications, and confirmations to the customer’s technical specifications when required.
- Prepare and lead others in preparing product Bills of Materials, design drawings and specifications required to support order placements and manufacturing/assembly operations; prepare instruction books and renewal parts lists; and review or approve technical software submittals required to support order placements, manufacturing/assembly operations and customer needs.
- Provide design leadership, direction and clarification for internal and external design teams. Act as project lead for design, test and prototype programs.
- Work with customers and vendors to resolve technical issues and answer technical questions.
- Provide technical leadership and information concerning assembly, testing techniques, and process advantages and limitations which affect long-range plant and product engineering planning.
- Research and analyze operational test data to establish performance standards and to confirm if designs meet functional and performance specifications.
- Lead in assisting Manufacturing and Quality Assurance with any design-related production problems.
- Coordinate product design with listing agencies to obtain product listings such as UL.
- Travel to customer’s site and/or trade shows to provide product support as required. Provide presentations and training as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 7 years’ of experience in a design engineering capacity, or equivalent education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of UPSD products, switchgear, transformers, and battery systems.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
- Advanced interpersonal, communication and presentation skills required to communicate with customers, employees, and vendors.
- Ability to read, understand and create technical drawings and materials.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Advanced computer skills, with emphasis on MS Office products, CAD and engineering analysis software.
MEPPI offers its employees competitive salaries, commensurate with qualifications and experience, as well as comprehensive benefits including:
- 401(k) Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Employer sponsored programs including Flexible Work Arrangement, Wellness, and Professional Women’s ERG, HOPE (community outreach)
- Onsite Fitness Center and Café
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Volunteer opportunities
- Paid Parental Leave