At HashiCorp, we’re building a generation-defining infrastructure software company, powered by our core principles and a growing team of talented, committed professionals working together to help organizations seamlessly transition to and operate in the cloud. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, 85 percent of our employees work remotely, strategically distributed around the globe. From our inception we built the company with a remote-first approach because we believe talent has no boundaries.
About the team
The Consul team, like all of HashiCorp, is fully distributed (100% remote). We have been a remote company since our founding in 2012.
Consul helps organizations automate network configurations, discover services, and enable secure connectivity across any cloud or runtime. We recently launched Hashicorp Consul Service on Azure, a fully managed application available through the Azure marketplace. We’ve also announced the availability of Consul on AWS through our flagship HashiCorp Cloud Platform (HCP), a self-service, fully managed platform offering HashiCorp products as a service to automate infrastructure on any cloud.
About the role
You’ll be part of a team that owns the set of microservices that run Consul as a service on various clouds, including Hashicorp Consul Service on Azure, and HCP Consul on AWS. We have interesting technical challenges to solve around scaling, upgrade automation, identity management and more.
In this role you can expect to:
- Program mostly in Go, learning from and contributing to a team committed to continually improving their skills
- Work on next-generation distributed systems for infrastructure management
- Own the full lifecycle of feature development from design through testing and release
- Advocate for improvements to Consul driven by the needs of users consuming it as a fully managed service.
- Working with design, product management and other stakeholders to improve user experience for Cloud Consul. Our focus is to reduce the time to value for users when getting started with Consul as a service on any cloud.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- Experience in a lower-level language like Go.
- You are familiar with micro-services architectures, and ideally have seen them in operation at a global scale
- You have prior experience working in high performance or distributed systems;
- You’ve been responsible for production services in the past and have a deep understanding of delivering software at scale, and maintaining operational excellence.
- You are able to knowledgeably discuss performance, security, and user interactions in complex systems
- You have built or operated a large scale Cloud service
- You have expertise in one or more of the major public clouds: AWS, Azure, GCP
What is our hiring process like?
The below serves as a basic outline; we may choose to add or remove steps based on the information that we gather during the process.
- Introductory Call with someone from our recruiting team.
- First Interview with an Engineering Manager
- Interview Loop with additional team members, with the following panel:
- Technical Code Pairing interview
- Code Review interview
- Communication and Collaboration interview
- Systems and architecture interview
- If applicable, a final conversation with the Engineering Manager for the team you would be joining
We do our best to accommodate your programming language of choice for technical interviews.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.