At HashiCorp, we build the infrastructure that enables innovation. Our suite of multi-cloud infrastructure automation products are the underpinnings of the largest enterprises in the world, who rely on our solutions to provision, secure, connect, and run their critical applications to deliver crucial services, communications tools, and entertainment platforms to the world. We’re building a once-in-a-generation infrastructure company with a unique approach: rather than focusing on specific technologies, we build products and solutions that support real-world workflows spanning the multiple cloud environments that nearly every organization worldwide is using today.
Our Engineering Organization
At HashiCorp, we build Consul, Nomad, Vault, Terraform, Packer, and Vagrant. Our Tao of HashiCorp contains our guiding principles for product development; a strong set of company principles guides how we interact with each other.
We value top-notch collaboration and communication, both among internal teams and in our users. We take care to balance and be adaptable to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is primarily a remote team, and this role is no exception. We are seeking a full-time Remote Employee to join our distributed Engineering organization. While prior experience working remotely isn’t required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
The HashiCorp Cloud Provider Services team focuses on cloud governance, best practices, automation and resource management. They are responsible for leading the technical relationships of our cloud providers, ensuring all issues are tracked and new product features are evaluated. They are the technical business point of contact representing HashiCorp.
About the Role:
The team builds, maintains, and helps optimize how HashiCorp uses cloud providers in every part of our business, from Sales to Engineering to Security. They build automation to surface information for different customers within the company. Sharing information such as cost, vulnerability, and resource usage patterns. The team performs trend analysis on the various usage to help collaborators identify areas of improvements. They also act as the cloud providers guide and will give advice to collaborators on how to improve their cloud provider experience.
The team automates the management of cloud provider resources to provide customers with a self service experience that conforms with our company usage policies.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Work with HashiCorp products such as Terraform, Consul, Vault, and Nomad
- Program mostly in Golang, learning from and contributing to a team committed to continually improving their skills
- Build tools for automating deployment, monitoring and operations of the overall platform
- Reduce toil for engineering teams by automating tasks related to cloud resource management
- Partner with our Security team to help define and implement best practices around Cloud Service Provider configuration for AWS, Azure, GCP and other third parties
- Develop cost, vulnerability, and resource utilization tracking and reporting for all Cloud Service Providers
- Develop and maintain technical relationships with our core Cloud Service Providers
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- You have deep knowledge of cloud service provider(s) and best practices around implementation and configuration, preferably handling AWS, Azure, or GCP on behalf of multiple teams for a company that delivers SaaS products
- You hold certifications from one or more Cloud Providers
- Familiarity with infrastructure management via terraform and operations lifecycle concepts and ecosystem
- Experience developing software centered around systems and operational automation in a large-scale distributed environment
- A desire to build against industry best practices with regard to information security and flexibility to partner with security practitioners
- You have built or operated a mission critical cloud service
- Comfortable with Go preferably or another low-level programming language such as Python
- You are interested or experienced in observability practices and how that can enable teams
- You have excellent knowledge of at least one of our HashiCorp products
We’d love to hear from you!
HashiCorp is an open source company. We take great joy in helping developers, designers, and infrastructure practitioners build and deploy applications with our products.
Please feel free to include a cover letter to tell us about yourself and what gets you excited about the cloud, infrastructure as code, or one of our products! We’d like to get to know YOU and why you are interested in working at HashiCorp.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.