About the role
With the growth and maturity of the Terraform Enterprise (TFE) product, there’s a need for infrastructure and tooling that enables more robust testing approaches which exercises TFE and its ecosystem fully. The TFE customer base is varied, but includes demanding companies that run global economies. Terraform Enterprise supports multiple installation modes and the operational environments into which TFE is installed have unique infrastructure and security requirements that result in a vast matrix of supported configurations.
This role is not about manual testing, nor is it about writing tests for the software itself. This role is about building automation that runs tests and manages its infrastructure, and about creating tools, scripts and frameworks that enable developers to write tests themselves.
Through this role you will help us increase the quality and reduce the risk of releasing our software through automation. You will also be enabling our developers to better understand our systems’ scalability and performance characteristics at a deeper level.
- Extensive knowledge of Terraform as a Practitioner
- Advanced knowledge of public cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure and GCP
- Automation scripting experience with languages such as bash, Python or Ruby
- Understanding of Unix systems and tooling
- Deep understanding of infrastructure testing and testability
- Having built and maintained CI/CD pipelines and pre-production environments
- Experience with Terraform and Docker. Experience with Replicated is a plus
- Familiarity with Terraform Enterprise is a plus
- Build and maintain reliable automation that provisions infrastructure at scale to handle the engineering team’s needs as it relates to correctness and scalability of software.
- Automating processes to proactively detect regressions, bugs, and other issues.
- Working closely with other teams to enable and enhance their workflows and productivity.
- Make it easy for engineers to write unit, integration, load, and other kinds of tests.
- Help quantify quality improvements in the delivered software.
- Adopt, improve and advocate for our vision for the quality of Terraform.
- Work with the engineering and support teams to reproduce complex scenarios reported by customers, and enable engineers to write regression tests to fix and prevent them.
How We Work
At HashiCorp, we operate according to a strong set of company principles, many of which are described in The Tao of HashiCorp. We value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team, and this role is no exception. While prior experience working remotely isn’t required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
About the Application Process
All work requires excellent written communication skills, remote work doubly so. For this reason, we require a cover letter for your application to be considered complete.
In your cover letter, please describe what draws you to working at HashiCorp and to this role in particular. Specifics of your past experience are great to include, too.
At HashiCorp, we are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, please apply anyway!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.