Where A-Players Thrive.
Golden Hippo is an employee-owned, vertically-integrated, highly profitable direct-to-consumer marketer of over 20 health, beauty, and pet care brands that collectively generate $1 billion of revenue annually. Our employee-owners are passionate about our mission to create best-in-class products across broadly appealing categories — to help people live their healthiest, happiest lives.
We’re Looking For A: Sr. Finance Manager to work closely with our VP, Controller and Head of Finance to provide data driven analysis and recommendations, budgets, forecast and financial reporting. This position works closely with leadership and cross functionally within the company. A successful candidate is highly analytical, detail oriented, with solid conceptual thinking and problem-solving skills, that will thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Location: Woodland Hills, CA (Hybrid)
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Maintain the company’s five year-forecast of its full set financial statements along with supporting schedules.
- Update the company’s forecast with actuals and provide insights on variances.
- Partner with management and lead the annual/quarterly/monthly forecasting and actualization of budgets – CAPEX, OPEX, and Departments.
- Monthly financial reporting responsibilities to business units and management, including segment financials, metrics, and budget vs. actuals.
- Perform detailed margin analysis and provide summarized information.
- Collaborate with Accounting on budget vs. actuals, flux analysis, etc.
- Support new business development through strategic assessment and financial modeling.
- Perform ad hoc financial analyses and root cause investigation.
- Analyze the business units, sales channels, product category, operations, trends, and drivers. Compare financial performance against prior year, forecasts and budget, and provide insights to analyze variances of key financial metrics.
- Provide insightful analysis on growth opportunities, profit maximization, etc.
- Automate reporting whenever necessary.
Preferred Qualifications (Note: These are preferred and not required. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t tick ALL of these boxes.):
- Ownership mentality and propensity to take responsibility for key outcomes.
- Strong critical thinking skills. Able to apply a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to new systems and situations.
- Strong desire to work and learn in a high-growth, startup environment.
- 7+ years of financial planning and analysis, modeling, and budgeting in a high-growth startup.
- Application of analytical concepts and practices in Retail and E-commerce environment.
- Superior proficiency with Excel & Google Sheets, financial modeling, and systems.
- Experience working with NetSuite, Tableau, Salesforce, and large data sets.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, business, or equivalent
- MBA and/or CPA, preferred
$115,800 – $154,500, annual & monthly KPI bonus potential, depending upon experience
Click here to learn more about general internet safety and our hiring practices.