AOL is a global media and technology company, representing the best of premium content and innovative platforms. Originally known as America Online, we once connected over 35 million people to the internet, becoming a cultural icon and business behemoth. We recognized digital as the future of media and set out to build a network to enable our company—and our users and partners—to capitalize on this new world. We’ve always had the drive and innovative thinking to mobilize the future. Now, we have the tools, the reach, and the resources to make this future a reality. We just need YOU!
A Little About Us
AOL, the original trailblazer of online communication, is looking for creative, exciting, deeply-technical agents of change who seek to blaze a new trail.
We are looking for exceptional engineers to join us in creating exciting new mail products for our popular, ever-expanding portfolio.
AOL Mail provides a safe and delightful email experience for millions of people around the world. AOL Mail continues to be one of the largest and most recognizable email services in the world. With millions of highly engaged and loyal users, AOL Mail is a critical pillar in the company’s long-term growth strategy. You will join a team of engineers who strive to deliver our users the best consumer mail experience and are willing to meticulously refine the details to achieve this goal.
- Provide technical leadership to engineers in a fast-paced environment
- Enforce design reviews, code reviews, continuous integration and test driven development
- Drive technical excellence and implementation of best engineering practices
- Lead hands-on implementation work to keep current with technology trends inside and outside Yahoo
- Build and deliver high quality and high performance features for our users on Web (Node.js/ReactJs).
- Collaborating with user experience designers, product managers, and other engineers to deliver new features, enhancements, platform improvements and bug fixes
- Collaborate with other engineers to write testable, reliable code, continuously deploying to production systems
- Growing in a culture of learning through design discussions and code reviews
- Deploy, monitor and operate large scale production systems distributed across the globe.
- Analyze and optimize application/platform code and/or APIs for efficiency and performance
A Lot About You
You are passionate about growing your skills and value high quality application development on modern tech stack and cloud. You will enjoy building the next generation of communication products, web and mobile platforms that will be used by millions of people each day! You are interested in how best to drive tasks to completion, collaborate to achieve your goals, think through scenarios and edge cases, learn from your leadership, and understand the broader impact of your work. If you are interested in joining a world-class team of passionate people and industry veterans who care about code quality, architecture, design and user experience as much as having fun together, then we’d like to talk to you.
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent degree/experience) with demonstrated experience in software development
- Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Experience in software development domain and principles, including design patterns, code structure, programming languages, continuous integration, and deployment architecture
- Experience with Web Technologies (Node, HTTP, JSON, Webpack)
- Experience with test driven development, unit test / UI test frameworks such as Jest / Selenium / WebdriverIO / Puppeteer / Cypress is an added advantage
- Strong grasp of OWASP security principles and how they apply to web applications
- Working with any AI technologies, such as OpenAI
- Experience developing mail application or mobile web development
- Familiar with frontend test driven development
- Experience with continuous integration (CI) frameworks such as Jenkins and Hudson
- Experience building accessible web applications
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.
The compensation for this position ranges from $128,250.00 – $266,875.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program. Eligibility requirements apply.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.
If you’re curious about how this factors into this role, please discuss with the recruiter.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.