Moz is looking for a Sr. Software Developer to join our Application Development team.
This role is an exciting opportunity for a senior engineer to have a major impact on our engineering org as a whole. You’ll lead projects to improve the observability and reliability of our existing products while contributing to major architectural decisions that will define the next generation of application development at Moz.
This team is responsible for developing and maintaining customer-facing applications that deliver SEO data insights. These applications allow Moz customers to access insights, workflows, and aggregations of information above and beyond Moz’s core data offerings.
Diversity & Inclusivity. Moz is committed to building diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected.
What you’ll do
- Build and maintain high-performing software applications and systems using:
- React / Next.js
- Be a subject matter expert on the React ecosystem.
- Work collaboratively with the engineers on the Application Development team to ensure the quality and performance of the systems through code reviews, documentation, analysis, and enforcing engineering best practices to ensure high-quality software.
- Contribute to our devops culture by maintaining our systems, including:
- building reusable infrastructure in Terraform
- creating documentation and run books
- establishing monitoring and alerting,
- maintaining and building automated test suites
- Lead and mentor people through architecture design, development of new features, and migration of legacy systems.
- Participate in the on-call rotation, handling systems and operations issues as they arise including responding to off-hours alerts.
- Collaborate with other teams on dependent work and integrations as well as staying vigilant for activities happening outside the team that would have an impact on the work your team is doing.
- Contribute to the growth of software development and technology practices in the Moz engineering organization by leading peers and promoting best practices.
- Work with Product Managers and UX Designers to deliver new features and capabilities.
- Learn and understand the team’s work and products from a Moz business perspective.
- Use good security practices to protect Moz code and systems.
Experience we want to see
- 5 years of experience as a software engineer delivering products or services using web technologies
- Expertise with React JS (Redux, Sagas, Hooks, MUI, Styled Components)
- Experience with Typescript and Next.js
- Experience with working Node.js and micro-service architectures
- Experience working with API design and distributed backend systems
- Experience working remotely with a distributed team
- Great problem-solving skills
- Experience working with AWS (ECS, Aurora, EventBridge, SQS, S3)
- Experience with Document stores and NoSQL databases
- Experience working with relational databases
About Moz Group
The Moz Group, a subsidiary of Ziff Davis, Inc (NASDAQ: ZD), is a leading provider of marketing technology solutions primarily for small and medium-sized enterprises, consisting of a portfolio of brands across digital media and cloud services. Our SEO brands include Moz and STAT, Email Marketing brands include Campaigner, iContact, Kickbox, and SMTP, and finally our Communications brands are made up of Line2 and eVoice.
The Moz Group is committed to building diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected. We work to help close the gender gap in tech, and to actively recruit people from other underrepresented groups. We strongly encourage women, gender diverse people, and minority candidates to apply.
Our parent company, Ziff Davis, has once again achieved a perfect score of 100 in the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation’s 2023 Corporate Equality Index (CEI). The CEI is a vital benchmarking tool that evaluates corporate policies and practices, and our consistent top score demonstrates our ongoing dedication to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment for all.