Traditional health care is broken. Galileo is here to fix it. We’re a rapidly growing health startup that combines intuitive design and clinical expertise to deliver affordable, quality care for all.
Galileans, as we like to call ourselves, are dedicated to flipping the traditional health care model into a modern solution for today—and beyond. Our empathetic, mission-driven culture puts our patients first, celebrates creative problem solving, and moves quickly to build great products. Our teams work collaboratively, so there’s plenty of day-to-day interaction. We believe in a hybrid, flexible working environment and have team members across the U.S. and the UK.
Galileo is looking for a Sr. Fullstack Software Engineer to join our product engineering teams. In this role you will uplevel and expand our internal and external apps that enable our clinicians to bring high-quality primary care to our growing patient populations. We are looking for engineers who like to solve new problems and who put user needs at the forefront of their work and can bring their creative, problem-solving experience to help guide a growing team.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Design, architect, and implement well-tested and maintainable backend systems, API interfaces, and frontend applications
- Collaborate closely with designers, clinicians, and other engineers to create beautiful patient experiences
- Make improvements to existing architecture and services to make them more performant, reliable and secure to continue to deliver healthcare at scale
- Guide and mentor junior developers with the ability to navigate the ambiguity in grey areas
Our Tech Stack:
- Python Flask API application with MySQL database
- React Typescript single page app
- AWS Cloud Infrastructure, Lambdas, State Machines, EC2
- Kotlin Android app
- Swift iOS app
We’d love to hear from you if you have the following:
- 8+ years of professional experience as a full-stack developer with a deep understanding of and experience with React
- Strong software engineering skills with the ability to design, implement, test, deploy and monitor functionality
- Familiarity with and the ability to architect using modern backend technologies
- A strong understanding of data modeling and relational databases
- Clear communication around technical concepts and ideas and the ability to collaborate with engineering and other parts of the organization
- A desire to learn, grow, and enjoy the responsibility and accountability that comes with high levels of ownership and autonomy while helping to guide junior developers through breaking down projects and creating workflows
Bonus points if you also have:
- Experience developing frontend or mobile applications
- Familiarity with Docker
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure platforms and serverless services such as AWS
- Python Flask experience
- Experience scaling in a startup environment
How We Hire
Galileo is committed to hiring the best team possible to build health care that works for everyone. We value a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds—including, but not limited to—race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status. Galileo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with a qualifying disability or conflict with a sincerely held religious belief, unless doing so would cause an undue hardship or fail to eliminate a direct threat.