Moment is the fastest growing marketplace for creatives. We carry the gear creatives recommend, sell video lessons from the pros, and run photo trips around the world. More than just an online store, we also make our own gear from photo and video to work and travel… we’re building lines of products that creatives love.
We’re looking for another talented industrial designer to join the team. In particular, a mid to senior level ID who loves creating products for creatives. The best products often come from a deep understanding of the customer and their needs, so we are looking for an ID designer who is passionate about cameras, getting out, working remote, and traveling. Especially someone who has years of experience designing high volume consumer products.
If you are looking to join a passionate product team, this role is for you.
Why Design At Moment
We believe design wins. Co-founded by a designer, we’re building a talented team of designers and engineers who help one another get better. You can see some of our product work here on Behance, our constantly evolving e-commerce UX work here on our site, and some amazing things people are capturing with our products here.
Most importantly we teach you how to independently ship, measure, and iterate. We believe that design wins and therefore teach designers how to go beyond solving the problem to making fast, iterative decisions.
What You’ll Be Working On
Refining, improving, and shipping new products. As a user-centric, design-minded team, we prioritize quality over quantity. Our work is a constant collaboration between design and engineering — No barriers or separate teams — Just like minded people working to create the best product possible. We believe that great design requires great engineering, and vice versa.
Types of projects you’ll be working on…
- Deeply understanding creatives and their preferences/needs
- Working with the team to generate new concepts and ideas across all product lines
- Interpreting and refining themes for CMF and aesthetics
- Developing and updating packaging concepts for new products
- Physical prototyping and testing of concepts/ideas/experiments
- Strong collaboration in a team environment with other designers and engineers
- Collaboration with our suppliers to source, sample, refine, and ship products
- Tracking product performance to improve on next versions
- Providing and receiving feedback internally on projects designers are shipping.
- Customer service, because everyone on the team does one day a month. And we mean everyone in the company.
You Need These Qualifications
Beyond being passionate about photography or filmmaking we are looking for the following experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design or the equivalent in professional experience with evidence of exceptional ability.
- 4+ Years of industrial design experience, especially high volume consumer products.
- Strong skills in both 2d and 3d CAD design tools (We mostly work between
- Solidworks, Fusion 360, Alias, Keyshot, and Illustrator)
- Experience in a full product lifecycle from design to customer’s hands
- Comfortable working very closely with mechanical engineers
- Comfortable with potentially frequent Asia travel to work with suppliers (Covid dependent)
- Comfortable creating presentations and visualizations for team review
- A desire to nerd out on problem solving within mobile photography/video
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Compensation And Benefits
The Moment culture is about ownership so the more you take on the more you make. Otherwise, we keep compensation simple…
- A competitive salary.
- Equity in the company.
- Medical insurance or $600 per month to do what you want.
- Flexible Schedule: Work when you want, as long you finish work on time and set teammates up for success.
- Free Moment gear & discounts on our whole store.
- A $500 stipend per year to spend on your own equipment.
- Three company offsites per year.
- Unlimited vacation.
Are you in?