Who we are…
Pearl Health is restoring the independence and joy of practicing medicine for doctors in the United States. Our healthcare system has burdened our doctors with too much process, while removing them from what they do best: caring for those we love most. We are a team of physicians (Groups), physician-enablement experts (VillageMD, Steward, Stellar) and technologists (athenahealth, TrialSpark, Flatiron Health) and health plan leaders (Oscar, Clover, Centivo) who believe that primary care providers (PCPs) are the key to the United States’ future health. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz and AlleyCorp.
We believe there is a need to bring humanism back to healthcare. We launched Pearl Health to help PCPs who are overwhelmed by the demands of an aging population and the unpredictable business model inherent to Traditional Medicare. This solution will empower PCPs to provide better care to their entire patient population and democratize access to healthcare risk, making it more readily available and optimized through an intelligent marketplace. We free physicians to better allocate their time with patients, increase their autonomy, and provide incentives that are aligned with achieving better outcomes through clinical decision-making powered by actionable intelligence.
What we hope you can do…
We are seeking a stellar Customer Success Manager, experienced in engaging with physician practices in a value-based care context and eager to help our current customer base succeed in the ACO REACH model. The Customer Success Manager will be responsible for engaging with signed practice partners to achieve: onboarding with Pearl, acclimating to a value based environment, helping our practice partners achieve voluntary alignment of their eligible beneficiaries in accordance with the model provisions, investigating and creating alignment with practice internal operations and program objectives, and enabling product adoption while relaying provider feedback to internal Operations, Product, and Strategy teams.
As you come up to speed, you will own the development of relationships and performance of Pearl’s Primary Care Physicians across your markets, guiding them to achieve the behavior and operational changes required to generate results in a value-based care environment. Over time, you will also engage Preferred Providers (contracted specialists, facilities and suppliers) in your market, and support provider education and implementation of beneficiary benefit design. The Customer Success Manager will be responsible for delivery of superior practice performance across all assigned clients, while maintaining a best-in-class Net Promoter Score.
This position requires the ability to build and effectively maintain relationships with practice leadership and key clinical influencers actively involved in practice transformation. You will partner with Network and ACO Operations teams to develop strategies based on performance analysis of practices developed by Pearl’s Data Science and Actuarial org. You will design actionable practice transformation plans and implement appropriate performance improvement initiatives to assist the practice in achieving performance goals.
You will inform our Product, Data Science and Network Operations teams of local insights and surface priorities from the practices for which you are responsible. Your commitment to delivering better outcomes for patients and rewards for Pearl’s practice partners will be contagious in the regions that you serve. A familiarity, passion, and willingness to create unprecedented possibilities offered by value-based care programs would make you an ideal candidate.
While this will be a remote position, in-person engagement with provider practices will be critical and some travel is required (up to 25%).
What a Customer Success Manager means to us…
- Work with Pearl leadership to develop a strategic roadmap that aligns performance frameworks with short and long-term objectives for product, incorporating market trends, provider expectations and business priorities.
- Analyze client performance, identify areas of opportunity, identify root cause data, and develop remediation plans for provider performance across assigned clients, deploying those plans in a high-touch manner where appropriate.
- Partner with Operations, Finance, Growth, Product, Data Science and Actuarial teams to align on performance roadmap.
- Demonstrate aptitude for relationship building and creating an exceptional experience for our providers.
- Oversee education and deployment of technology tools supporting practice transformation, and integration of technology tools into practice workflows across assigned markets.
- Use data to identify cost drivers and work with Pearl partners and Preferred Providers to develop optimal referral, care management, and admission avoidance strategies, contributing to practice performance.
- Work across the organization to ensure successful implementation of critical projects on behalf of your assigned customer-base.
Who you are…
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-6 years of experience in clinical transformation, improving clinical quality, network contracting and development, or other relevant provider practice-facing field. Experience at an ACO or PCMH is a plus.
- Experience in interpreting and utilizing clinical data analytics, outcomes measurements, and employing that data to drive change
- Experience working with and collaborating successfully with senior level leadership
- Demonstrated experience implementing clinical practice transformation initiatives designed to help provider groups achieve delivery transformation goals
- Experience preparing and presenting information to clinical and executive level leadership
- Willingness to travel for face to face meetings (contingent upon local COVID travel policies)
- Enterprise level provider management experience preferred
- A passion for improving and optimizing relationships
- Excited about helping physicians
- Facilitate successful collaboration across all levels of management within enterprise client and relevant Pearl stakeholders
- Execute flawlessly on bespoke onboarding and performance management strategy unique to each enterprise customer
- Demonstrated success and depth of knowledge in aligning internal capabilities with enterprise client business, tech, and product priorities, and positioning relative to competitors
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people’s lives. Our definition of diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. We believe all of our colleagues’ points of view are integral to our success, and that inclusion is everyone’s responsibility and a cause of beautiful things.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and are committed to a fair hiring process free from discrimination and focused around problem solving, improvement, and mutual empowerment.
We are building in-person teams at our NYC headquarters but are excited to connect with anyone passionate about our mission regardless of their location. While the world is in lockdown, we’re all working remotely. We are not expecting to open the office before late 2021 and expect a part of our workforce to be remote after the pandemic ends.
If a resume is submitted to any Pearl Health employee by a third party without a valid written and signed search agreement, it will become the property of Pearl Health and no fee will be paid, irrespective of whether the candidate is hired.