Who we are…
Pearl Health is restoring the independence and joy of practicing medicine for doctors in the United States. Our healthcare system has burdened our doctors with too much process, while removing them from what they do best: caring for those we love most. We launched Pearl Health because we believe primary care providers, armed with the proper tools and resources, can have an outsized impact in achieving high-quality, affordable healthcare. We foresee a shift to an increasingly value-based future where physicians and provider groups will participate in the value they create for the healthcare system and will increasingly require proper tooling, information systems, capital support, and technology to succeed in these models.
We are a team of physicians (Groups), practice-enablement experts (VillageMD, Steward, Stellar), technologists (athenahealth, TrialSpark, Flatiron Health) and health plan leaders (Oscar, Clover, Centivo) who believe that primary care providers (PCPs) are the key to the United States’ future health. Today, we support over 800 providers in value-based Medicare models and are on track to substantially increase the Medicare population we will be responsible for managing with our physician partners for 2023 (+$700M of Medicare benchmark risk). Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz and AlleyCorp.
What we hope you can do…
We are seeking an exceptional healthcare executive who is eager to help us grow our enterprise partnership capacity in a startup environment. Our Director of Enterprise Partnerships will be responsible for the growth and expansion of our ACO REACH provider network, focused on converting qualified opportunities into Participating Providers in Medicare’s ACO REACH program. As you come up to speed, you will own the development of relationships with organizations managing large Primary Care Providers across the US, educating leadership on the benefits of value-based care broadly, the ACO REACH programs specifically, and how Pearl can help them succeed in stabilizing their revenue and participating in the value they create by effectively managing their patient panels.
This position requires the ability to make cold outreach to enterprise provider prospects, large integrated medical groups, community hospitals and large health systems and, concisely communicate with upper C-Level stakeholders, and walk them through sophisticated performance analyses and nuanced regulatory questions. In collaboration with our Technology and Operations teams, you will exceed baseline performance metrics, understand the dynamics of your assigned targets, and stay thoroughly informed on healthcare industry trends. A familiarity, passion, and willingness to dig into the possibilities offered by value-based care programs would make you an ideal candidate.
What a Director of Enterprise Partnerships means to us…
- Build, manage, execute against targeting methodology, prospect funnel, relationships with key targets (especially large physician and hospital groups) to achieve key performance indicators
- Articulate vision of enterprise product offering (primarily, large primary care and multispecialty physician medical group prospects; secondarily, Community Hospitals, ACO, CINs, IPAs/MSOs. and health system prospects) in partnership with product, tech, client success, other growth team members, data science, and marketing
- Facilitate and contribute to a feedback loop around Enterprise targets, based on direct prospect reactions, synthesized insight, and other critical data points
- Serve as steward of sales process for large enterprise groups with a set minimum number of lives (greater than 2k), ensuring that key actions, deliverables, and analysis are delivered on a timely basis to achieve enterprise-focused sales objectives
- Demonstrate aptitude for relationship building and creating an exceptional experience for our providers.
- Design and improve the communication modules, outreach mechanisms, and rewards that further engagement with our provider partners
- Identify local and market-specific insights and willingness to travel to assigned geographies for live prospecting
- Attend networking events, community events, and conferences to generate awareness and produce sales leads with positive ROI
- Perform calculations and leverage analytics to provide prospects and existing partners with forecasted performance metrics
- Use database, CRM, or other software to meticulously track progress with opportunities as you manage your markets
- Manage all aspects of the deal to include pricing proposal development, deal terms proposal and contract negotiations
- Work across the organization to ensure successful implementation of critical projects.
Who you are…
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 7-12 years of experience in sales and/or business development in the enterprise/large physician group space. Experience in healthcare, value based care, and/or ACO programs, is a plus.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- You are relentless but patient.
- You are constantly hunting for prospects, but also understand that the contracting cycle requires lots of touches with potential partners.
- Experience owning an annual quota and utilizing sales CRM to manager and track
- A passion for improving and optimizing relationships
- Excited about helping physicians
Location / Remote Work
We are a remote-first company, with our largest concentrations of team members in the NYC and Boston areas.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people’s lives. Our definition of diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. We believe all of our colleague’s points of view are integral to our success, and that inclusion is everyone’s responsibility and a cause of beautiful things.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and are committed to a fair hiring process free from discrimination and focused around problem solving, improvement, and mutual empowerment.
Compensation and Benefits
The On Target Earnings (base pay plus variable cash compensation) pay range for this position is between $104,000 and $175,500 per year. On Target Earnings pay is one component of Pearl’s total compensation package, which also includes access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, possible equity options, and much more. Please visit our benefits page for more information: https://pearlhealth.com/our-benefits/
*If a resume is submitted to any Pearl Health employee by a third party without a valid written and signed search agreement, it will become the property of Pearl Health and no fee will be paid, irrespective of whether the candidate is hired.