RStudio creates great software that helps people understand data and make better decisions in real-world applications. Our core offering is an open source data science platform, and we aim to make it available to everyone, regardless of their economic means. We are looking to hire a talented Sr. Manager RevOps.
In this role, you will drive the Revenue Operations strategy in our fast-growing open source data science company. You will lead the strategy and execution initiatives across our go-to-market tech stack to ensure RStudio delivers a fantastic experience to our customers, prospects, and open source community. You are a player-coach and work closely with leaders and team members to support the efficiency, velocity, and productivity of revenue-generating functions at scale, through the development and optimization of relevant policy, processes, systems, support, and data to help maximize the impact RStudio can have on the world.
How you’ll make an impact
- Lead projects ranging from policy improvements, process optimization, customer data strategy and alignment, technology development and systems integrations in support of RStudio’s go-to-market functions (Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Support, and Solutions Engineering).
- Create, steward, and drive execution of initiatives on the Revenue Operations roadmap in support of optimizing business operations for efficiency, productivity and scale.
- Understand connections between stakeholder strategy, initiatives, and needs, and prioritize globally to maximize the value that Revenue Operations adds to RStudio.
- Connect the Revenue Operations roadmap to company strategy and effectively communicate to stakeholders with maximum clarity around requirements, impact, risks, and progress of initiatives.
- Support annual planning cycles including customer segmentation analysis, Sales and Customer Success coverage model, quota-setting, incentive plan design, territory design, and cascading our financial plan to international markets.
- Drive continuous improvement through standard operating cadences including weekly forecast and metric reviews in addition to monthly and quarterly go-to-market business reviews.
- Perform strategic product, market, and customer analyses to identify new growth drivers or opportunities for improvement.
- Define, manage, and provide insights on key performance indicators across a range of segments, geographies, and go-to-market teams.
- Deeply assess our entire customer acquisition process and customer journey to identify, champion, and drive the cross-functional execution of optimizations that will drive greater leverage and scale in the business.
- Serve as a “growth hacker”, helping to determine the strategy and execute programs to drive a world-class customer experience and associated revenue growth, increasing our revenue per Sales / Customer Success rep.
- Manage and build upon our current Sales and Marketing stacks – Salesforce, Marketo, Outreach, Clearbit X, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager, advanced analytics (RStudio Team), and digital properties (website/s).
What you bring to the table
- 5+ years of experience in Revenue Operations, Marketing Operations, and/or Sales Operations in the software industry, with a proven history of driving multiple complex projects at the same time to on-time completion in a fast-moving environment.
- Experience implementing and maintaining enterprise SaaS tools for communication and operations (e.g. Salesforce, Marketo, Outreach.io, etc.).
- Experience with CPQ implementations (e.g. SFDC, Apttus etc) for SaaS company.
- Deep understanding of software development and system integration processes and methodologies.
- Clear, concise communication skills.
- Empathy for internal stakeholders’ pain points and needs, and an ability to translate those needs into concrete requirements.
- Ability to communicate informed, data-driven opinions and drive discussions on strategy, priority, and tradeoffs while representing the needs of the Sales organization.
- Experienced. You thrive at the intersection of big-picture strategy and detail-oriented execution. Data-Driven. You like to take risks and try new things but also appreciate data and getting the basics right. You love testing and tweaking communications materials to see what works best.
- Creative. You enjoy thinking creatively about how to build partnerships, target supporters and create content that engages and inspires people to join our movement.
- Get Things Done. You are entrepreneurial and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. No task is too big or too small. You follow-through, take initiative and get things done. You also value time and positive ROI; you can identify what should be outsourced, delegated or done in-house.
- Leader. Engaging, systematic, and confident to develop strong followership on the team and across RStudio
- Player. Humble, hands-on, and experienced to build and launch larger/complex fully integrated campaigns
- Coach. Collaborative, supportive, and fair – but also data-driven and demanding (e.g., marketing and management skills, business acumen, comfortable with metrics and data)
- Smart. Understands the big picture (market, customers, company) but also knows and cares about the details
- Hard working. Get things done and never wastes a moment.
We are a lean, distributed team, passionate about making open source data science tools accessible to people all over the world, regardless of economic means. We are an organization that values talent, humility, and hard work over hierarchy.
- We are remote friendly and many people work from home or a coffee shop. We also have an office in Boston and Seattle
- Competitive salary with great benefits including medical/dental/vision insurance (100% of premiums covered), 401k matching, a home office allowance, and a profit-sharing system
- Pick your hardware — we want to equip you with what you need to do your best work
- All our full-time employees are given a one time allowance to outfit their home office
- We have a flexible environment with excellent benefits and a “take what you need” vacation policy
- Positive, passionate culture working with a world-class team committed to data science and the R language
RStudio is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.